Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

evrv

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 06:31 AM
jet
jet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default evrv

I've a Blazer s10 1990. The engine cuts of when you gear it. The EGV valve has been replaced already. Than the mechanic found out that the EVRV is leaking. But I cannot find this part on the internet. Do I have to check for a second hand part? I'm living in The Netherlands Antilles and car parts are not very easy to get.... Can somebody help me?

Old 10-12-2007, 07:32 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: evrv

Um... EGV?? EVRV??? Never heard of such a thing... I'm thinking you may be talking about the EGR valve when you say EGV, but I don't know what your mechanic is talking about when he says EVRV...

Being a '90, I'm fairly sure that you have a TBI 4.3L engine (traditional round air cleaner on top of the throttlebody).

Can you tell us what is going on with the vehicle?

Old 10-12-2007, 07:42 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

it sounds like your mechanic doesn't know what he's talking about but it sounds from the brief description that when you gun it it cuts out i think without knowing more info that it might be something with fuel delivery when you slowly press the pedal does it still cutout or does it slowly chug alonga lil more detail and we can get this figured out for you

Old 10-12-2007, 12:27 PM
jet
jet is an unknown quantity at this point

If you keep it high that it will not cut off, but otherwise it will. I have a picture of the plan. But I've no clue how to post it to you. Let check that out (url)The car that I'm talking about is a Chevy Blazer (Tahoe) S10 1990. 4.3 fuel injection.
The car is driving, but when you back up or go from park to drive it cuts off. Only when the car is iddled high it runs better. The EGV is already replaced by a new one.

Old 10-12-2007, 07:20 PM
BF Veteran

sounds like fuel delivery problem check the fuel system pressure and then just in case check the air intake in case the filter is dirty too if the air is restricted enough it will die out

Old 10-12-2007, 07:24 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I think we need to beat this language barrier... Could you describe what the EGV valve you had replaced is? Could you also describe what you think is the EVRV...? As I said, I am assuming that the EGV is actually what we call the EGR == exhaust gas recirculation valve. I'm still trying to determine what the EVRV is supposed to be.

Old 10-12-2007, 07:32 PM
BF Veteran

hey swartlkk i think thats what he means by evrv he means egrv thats what im guessing

Old 10-12-2007, 07:39 PM
Administrator

Then what does he mean by EGV?...

Old 10-12-2007, 07:42 PM
BF Veteran

he means egr probably i have been overseas when i was in the navy and talked to numerous car and truck people just like us and there description for some things is just a lil off of what ours is thats all hopefully oh boy will reply so we can get more info on whats going on with his blaze.

Old 10-12-2007, 07:45 PM
Administrator

Exactly, I hate to give advice on something when I do not first know what has been done to try to remedy it.

Quick Reply: evrv