Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

evrv

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 07:46 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: evrv

exactly i agree with you on that in more ways than one we will just have to sit back and wait for him to get on again and update us.

Old 10-13-2007, 09:55 AM
jet
jet is an unknown quantity at this point

First of all, he is a she)). But thanks. I'm sure that the part is called evrv, its next to the MAP. At this moment I'm trying to get the part second hand. When the mecanic put the computer on the car, this was the part that showed trouble. I'll let you know what happends next!

Old 10-13-2007, 12:43 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry about the gender mistake! Won't happen again!!

Well, I've never heard it termed that way, but EVRV is correct. EVRV stands for Electronic Vacuum Regulating Valve and is what regulates the vacuum to the EGR diaphram. Typically it is referred to as the EGR Vacuum Solenoid on vacuum controlled EGR applications. You may be able to find it more readily by using the more common description.

I'm betting it looks something like this:

image courtesy of RockAuto.com & Standard Motor Products

Old 10-13-2007, 05:24 PM
BF Veteran

so sorry about that jet i just wanted to apologize and swartlkk is right that picture he got is what it looks like.

Old 10-13-2007, 05:56 PM
jet

Hahaha, thanks it's ok!!
Yessssssssss, that's the part that I'm talking about! Now I can order it! I've found a second hand part, but just in case this one doesn't work. You've been a great help!

Old 10-13-2007, 05:59 PM
BF Veteran

thats what were here for jet not a problem helping out another member of the forum anytime you have any type of question just ask there is a spot on the forum for everything

Old 10-15-2007, 07:16 PM
jet

Well, nothing as yet, but we have to iddle up the engine now. At this moment the back piece of the muffler is off (totally rotten). Do you think this will influence the readings of the sensors??

Old 10-15-2007, 09:38 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Shouldn't..

Old 10-19-2007, 04:32 PM
jet

The car is still a mess, but I've got some new parts. Hopefully this makes the car work........... It looks like I'm going from one problem to the other.
A wire caught fire, sparkplugs stopped working, one of the air valves isn't working.....
Mmm, but I must have patience
At least you've helped me and that's great!!!!!

Old 10-29-2007, 05:48 PM
jet

Hi everybody, well after a long story we have figured out what the problem was; the distributor. In a way a part that should have been checked already but I think I spent more figuring out on the net what the problem was than the mechanic. Anyway it runs perfect!!!
Thanks for all your help.
Jet