Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Fog lamp wiring harness

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 11:58 AM
cain_45 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fog lamp wiring harness

Ok here's a good one for all the forum. I have a 2003 Blazer that didn't come with fog lamps. I've since purchased the OEM style foglamps with the turn signals integrated all in one. I've also got the switch for the dash inside the vehicle. I'm told that I need a wiring harness that goes from the foglamps to the "master" wiring harness. Anyone know if this is true and if so, know where I can get the harness? From GM the harness retails for well over $500!!

Old 09-25-2007, 01:51 PM
jphayes921 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Fog lamp wiring harness

just get the pinout for it.

Old 09-25-2007, 02:27 PM

Huh??

Old 09-25-2007, 02:29 PM

More specifically I need the wiring harness that goes from the foglamps to the wiring harness under the hood. The dash control harness was already there...surprise. So I just need the harness from the foglamps to the harness that goes underhood.

Old 09-25-2007, 03:01 PM

Just an FYI for everyone. The part # for the harness I need is 12159160 and it lists for $592 from GM.

Old 09-25-2007, 03:49 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I think what JP is trying to say is that you could look at the pin outs and get the appropriate connector for the fog light & switch, then add the extra wiring yourself... For that matter, you could add the appropriate wiring for the factory fog light and forget about the integration into the BCM for control. Have the fogs be independant which they aren't from the factory. Just hook the switch up to a +12v ignition switched source and have the ability to have your fogs on whenever you like instead of only with the low beams and/or park lights on.

Old 09-25-2007, 04:54 PM
RCars2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ya know this made me think of something when i had my grille off when doing my body lift. I actually found 2 connectors, oneon either side of the air dam that funnels air to the radiator behind the grille,and i wondered if those might be the ones that go to the factory fog lights (though mine didnt come with them factory that im aware of). If i get a chance ill take some pictures to show what i mean but i know on mine the plug and wires that go to the fog lamp switch do exist behind my headlamp switch so i wanting to know if indeed that is the correct plug, any idea what the voltage is? Im probably gonna run relay off it so i can power my lights on my brush guard and get a factory foglight switch but i want to make sure I'm not wasting cash on it before i dive in.

Old 09-25-2007, 05:50 PM

The switch itself plugged right in so I'm not concerned with it. What I am concerned about is the harness that runs from the fog lamps to the underhood harness. The underhood harness is the one that runs all around the engine etc. This harness plugs into the fog light harness WHICH I don't have. This is the one I'm looking for. Rcars2 if you get a pic I would very much appreciate it.

Old 09-25-2007, 05:58 PM
jphayes921 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have the stock fog lamp switch in mine I can figure out the pin out for it, but i still think with that u need the reprograming of your computer because with highbeams it shuts the fogs off. you could also go junk yarding to find a harness for it.

Old 09-25-2007, 08:26 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

Yeah I have the plug at the back of my headlight control panel, I was looking for the fog light plugs on the other end so now i know where to look for them at and then ill just wire up the switch I have to the harness. If I find the plugs behind the grille I will snap some pics too.

Also I agree with the statements above. You should find the plugs behind the grille like I am looking for and then be able to wire up a switch inside the cab, the spare wiring for the switch should be connected to the headlight panel.

Quick Reply: Fog lamp wiring harness