Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Fog lamp wiring harness

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 09:28 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Fog lamp wiring harness

The fog lights are restricted to being on only when the low beams are on. So as soon as you switch to high beams, the fogs will turn off. This is controlled in the BCM (body control module) and as far as I know is not able to be changed without rewiring the supply voltage to the fog switch.

Old 10-11-2007, 11:45 PM
cain_45 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well the switch isn't lightingup. And the fogs do not come on whether the low or high beams are on or if just the parking lamps are on. One thing I did notice is that the right hand side marker illuminates very dim. I've changed the bulb and it still only comes on very dim. Think maybe a ground is off or not connected correctly?

Old 10-12-2007, 04:42 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

It could be a ground issue, but also, check to make sure you have the relay and fuses under the hood, for the fog lamps...

Old 10-12-2007, 07:10 AM

Any ideas on what the relay & fuse are at specifically in the fuse box? Diagram anyone?

Old 10-12-2007, 07:39 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Where the relays & fuses are? Have you looked in your owners manual or, maybe easier, on the covers for the two fuse boxes? The Fuse/Relay section of your owners manual starts on pg 5-88.

Old 10-15-2007, 10:48 AM
cain45 is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone have a pic of the relay without foglamps and another with foglamps so I know exactly what I'm looking for?

Old 10-15-2007, 04:04 PM

Ok so I replaced the relay today and still no fog lights. Ah Ha! I did find out that the BCM has to be programmed to recognize the fog light switch in cabin. So I'm going to have this done and I'll report back if I have fog lights at that time.

Old 11-05-2007, 02:28 PM
cain45 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just wanted to let the forum know that I now have factory fog lamps. I had to take it to the dealer and they had to contact GM tech support for a VCI code, they programmed it in and voila I have fog lamps.

Old 11-05-2007, 02:36 PM
Administrator

I think I did warn you about having to have the BCM programmed... Or maybe not you, but someone else in a related thread.

Old 11-05-2007, 05:28 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

ORIGINAL: swartlkk

I think I did warn you about having to have the BCM programmed... Or maybe not you, but someone else in a related thread.
Out of curiosity, would I have to do the same for Cruise Control?

Since it's electronically controlled and all...

Quick Reply: Fog lamp wiring harness