Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Fuel Delivery issue 93 Blazer 4.3 CPI

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2011 | 10:27 AM
|
karmafuzion is on a distinguished road
Default Fuel Delivery issue 93 Blazer 4.3 CPI

Ok! Need help. I purchased a 1993 Blazer a couple months ago and it spent most of its time parked in front of the house because it doesn't run. Ran great the day I bought it. It's my 4th Blazer/Jimmy so I thought I knew these trucks pretty well. Always done my own work and consider myself a decent "alley mechanic". The day after I bought it, she started dying after about 15-20 minutes of driving. She'd usually start right back up. A few days later she'd die after only a few minutes of driving and wouldn't start right up any more. I'd have to wait about 15-20 minutes and then most of the time she'd go. Check engine codes gave a 32 and 33. EGR and MAP. I replaced both. Same issue. Starts but now she dies almost instantly. Fuel delivery issue. It's gotta be. Fuel pump is working, I can hear it. I changed the in-line fuel filter. This truck is central port injected so she has more pressure in the line than a TBI or carb. I wasn't thinking and forgot to relieve the pressure first so when i removed the filter, i got sprayed with gas. Anyway, ever since i changed the filter, she sputtered when I cranked her over and wouldn't start and still wont start at all. I cranked and cranked thinking maybe the fuel just hasn't reached the motor yet like it normally would when you change the filter but I cranked the hell out of it. So is it a clogged injector? At over 200$ I can't afford to guess. Can someone please help us.

Old 04-03-2011 | 11:09 AM
Old Skool Soldier is on a distinguished road

Maybe the fuel pressure regulator? Run a fuel pressure guage on the shrader valve (back of the motor, infront of the distributor, driverside) The 4.3 won't fire unless it has I think it was 55psi of fuel? Operating pressure is 60-66psi, according to All Data. The CPI system operates on a poppet valve system, which needs the higher fuel pressure to trigger that poppet.

-OSS

Old 04-03-2011 | 11:31 AM
|
karmafuzion is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Old Skool Soldier
Maybe the fuel pressure regulator? Run a fuel pressure guage on the shrader valve (back of the motor, infront of the distributor, driverside) The 4.3 won't fire unless it has I think it was 55psi of fuel? Operating pressure is 60-66psi, according to All Data. The CPI system operates on a poppet valve system, which needs the higher fuel pressure to trigger that poppet.

-OSS
Thanks. I will give it a try as soon as I can find someone to take me to autozone. I was thinking that as well after reading some other threads.

Old 04-04-2011 | 04:43 AM
kristoph30 is on a distinguished road

Why do you say it has to be fuel delivery? Will it run on ether? Its been awhile since ive worked on OBDI but I know those sensors need a reference voltage from the computer to operate correctly. I would get a wiring diagram and start looking to see if you have appropriate voltages where you should have them. I had a sensor short out that cause a whole bunch of codes. TPS, MAP, EGR, MAP ect. NONE of those were bad. It was the FTP that shorted out killing the whole truck. Dont spend money buying parts guess what might be wrong. Follow a logical order troubleshooting it.

Old 04-05-2011 | 06:21 PM
outlawrcbb is on a distinguished road
Default Same issue

First let me introduce my self since I am new here, I just joined and was in the new member section and instantly came across this thread. I am a decent "alley" mechanic (mostly on older autos) and the owner of a 1995 blazer that has the same issues as stated here. With that being said, any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Old 04-09-2011 | 12:07 AM
Starting Member
notchip is on a distinguished road

THE FIX for fuel delivery problem with Blazers is to replace the entire fuel assembly in the fuel tank. That is the only fix for it!