Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

fuel injector spider assembly

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 07:05 PM
Beginning Member
gw2009 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default fuel injector spider assembly

ok, my fuel inj spider assembly is leaking and my poor girl is running worse and worse my question is when looking for a used one what years will have the same assembly unit as a 1995 blazer 4.3L vor-tech and is there any thing special i will need to know or have to change this my-self.

Old 01-11-2009, 07:41 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: fuel injector spider assembly

DO NOT get a used CPI spider. You are only setting yourself up to redo all of the work you put in.

Old 01-11-2009, 08:49 PM
Beginning Member

i was kinda figuring that but, if i can get one for under 70$ and it works for 6-8 weeks it will give me time to save for a new one, as i am strapped for a 400$ fix as of bad times im[sm=bustedsign.gif] knew i should of said that when i said i was looking at a used one [sm=chairshot.gif]so, i would greatly appreciate any information about the years that will inner change and the 8th number on my vin is W

Old 01-11-2009, 08:58 PM
mrafindley is an unknown quantity at this point

man is it the injector or just the pressure regulator? you can get a new regulator and gasket set for that and the answer is 92-95...I personally have never seen the injector leak just the reg and or the nut kit and both of those are under 70 bucks

Old 01-11-2009, 09:43 PM
Beginning Member

i know about the nut kit but are you calling the pressure reg the spider assembly unit or is the pres reg! part of the spider assembly ? i have looked around on the net and the cheapest spider assembly i can find is roughly 300$ not includind the nut kit and gaskets

Old 01-11-2009, 09:54 PM
Outsydr is an unknown quantity at this point

fuel injector pressure regulator comes as part of the spider when you buy it new but it is also sold separate for $43 at autozone alternatively another member on this site is selling one for 92-95 for $18 + shipping check this link https://blazerforum.com/m_192317/tm.htm

EDIT: when I changed my spider etc this thread http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=473110 helped enormously tells ya everything you could ever need to know (with pics) for the repair.

Old 01-11-2009, 10:25 PM
Beginning Member

WOW !!!!! i have taken this blazer to two diffrent chevy dealer ships for diagnostics one in Tulsa, Ok and the other in Tahleqah, Ok in the past4 months asked both diffrent mechanics if it was rebuildable out of curiosity? both told me, it was a single unit and i would have to buy the whole assembly unit andthat it would be a good idea to replace the nut kit when changed.so now do i also have to buy the nut kit if it is not leaking? and i would like to thank every one for there help. you all are very helpfull and i appreciate you all sharing the knowledge.....

Old 01-11-2009, 10:36 PM
Outsydr is an unknown quantity at this point

the nut kit gets very finicky if disturbed in the slightest i would replace it just to be safe you wouldnt want to get it all back together and find the nut kit leaking and have to tear it right back apart.

Old 01-11-2009, 11:02 PM
Beginning Member

Thanks again, now i can tear it apart in next day or two and let ya all know how it went and what kinda luck i had

Old 01-12-2009, 03:33 PM
Beginning Member

took the air supply intake off looked inside and you could see where the pressure regulator was leaking gas, took a whole 2 hours to fix and replace including going to the parts house cost just under 80$ for every thing, you all are great and give excellent advice[sm=happybounce.gif]. she is running so smooth now[sm=gears.gif]like she is new.. Thanks all

Quick Reply: fuel injector spider assembly