Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Fuel Injectors replaced.

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 08:55 AM
Starting Member
S10Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fuel Injectors replaced.

So I just got home from picking my truck up from my mechanic, and from testing it on the highway. The results are a lot better. Blazer's are not sports cars, but I have noticed somewhat of a difference in the gas pedal. Also, I turned it off and on like about 5 times. It starts right back up. No more startling. My mechanic said I now have the modern fuel injectors. I believe these are the MFI. He said they are made out of metal, as opposed to the old ones which were plastic. Thefuel pressure regulator, and intake manifold gasket was also replaced. Now it actually seems nice with the k&n FIPK making that nice sucking sound, and having my power back again. Basically, the only problem that I have right now, is that I believe my K&N air intake is vibrating too much on something. This vibration travels all the way through and into my brake pedal. When I'm at a light, the brake pedal vibrates a lot. But other than that, I can finally keep up better with traffic, and improve my gas mileage. So my advice to everyone, is to fix up their fuel injectors, cause its worth it.

Old 11-06-2007, 08:59 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Fuel Injectors replaced.

Sounds good! I'm sure what your mechanic was talking about was that you now have the updated MFI spider in your engine as opposed to the SCFI spider which had electronic injectors feeding pressure actuated poppet nozzles which have a tendancy to clog up. The MFI spider is a very worth while upgrade for anyone having to replace their fuel injection spider in a '96 thru mid-'02 4.3L engine (after proper diagnosis ofcourse).

Old 11-06-2007, 09:05 AM
Starting Member

That's exactly it. Everything came out fine. I have no complaints. Now, my next step, is going to be fixing up the suspension, so that I have no more popping noises, and clunks, etc. Then I can get back to customizing both the interior and exterior like I want. Another tip that I would give everyone, is to repair your truck little by little, fixing the most important things first. And you should always make repairs before you even think about making any mods first. Cause like I've always said, what's the use of having a nice car/truck, if its not functioning right?

Old 11-06-2007, 09:29 AM
cain45 is an unknown quantity at this point

Do '03 Blazers have these updated fuel injectors already?

Old 11-06-2007, 09:43 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, this happened sometime mid '02.

Old 11-06-2007, 10:07 AM
cain45 is an unknown quantity at this point

Awesome one thing less to worry about for me...sorry guys.

Old 11-06-2007, 11:38 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

the vibration could be the throttle cable resting against PCV valve.

At least that was the problem in mine, so I ripped a piece of plastic of my 6 pack of beer and tied it up and away.

then I go to Mr.lube for an oil change and he rips it off!!!!!! like jeez I wanted to say "did i say you could touch that!" and now my vibration is back. stupid mr.lube.

Old 11-07-2007, 01:51 AM
Starting Member

Well, i thought everything was fine, but i did notice that my idling is still not normal. For some reason, the rpm needle won't stay still. It keeps bouncing up and down, and sometimes, the truck "jumps" on me. And as for the vibration through the brake pedal, i only feel it when I'm in Drive or Neutral. When I put it in Reverse, the brake pedal does not vibrate. Im still inclined to believe that both these problems are being caused by the k&n FIPK. The truck was not having any of these symptoms before I had the intake installed. What do you guys think?

just got back from the mechanic. The vibration that I was feeling through the brake pedal, was my mass air flow sensor hitting, vibrating, and rubbing against the brake master cylinder. The plastic part of the mass air flow sensor, actually started to rub and break off from so much rubbing against the mastercylinder. I had always wondered what that vibration was, and finally my mechanic solved the problem for me. He simply placed the mass air flow sensor on an angle, so it doesn't touch the master cylinder anymore. As for the idling, the needle still does go up and down, but very little. It really doesn't bother me anymore. The truck feels like it is functioning fine to me. Now I will look forward to the suspension like I had said before. lol