Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Fuel issue 98 jimmy

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2021, 07:50 PM
Starting Member
84star is on a distinguished road
Default Fuel issue 98 jimmy

Ok guys so my fuel pump went out about 8 months ago I replaced it.... Ever since I replaced it though it's not been just right sometimes it starts first try sometimes it take 8 trys... Now it got to the point of no start so I'm thinking maybe I got a faulty fuel pump right from the start... Well that's not it tested fuel pressure it's 62... Well doing this I stumbled onto something and I am at a loss right now why would be messing with the valve on the damn fuel rail make my truck start first damn try!!!??????? I laugh and said well hell it's my special anti theft... Cause no one would know to pop hood and take cap of push valve for a split second and it will start!!! Now this is not ideal because let me just tell you I'm in Florida and it rains to damn much to have to do this everytime I need to start my truck! So please if you have any ideas let me know I know it's got to be some little stupid thing so maybe one of y'all have had this happen to you and can help me!!!!!!

Old 01-08-2021, 04:00 AM
Mods is on a distinguished road

Hey another Florida Blazer!

That certainly is a strange failure mode, When you replaced the pump what brand did you go with? Only thing i can think of is air in the lines ingested from the pump internally or possibly the plastic connector hoses being cracked, make sure you have no smell of fuel when the pump is running while poking your head near the tank, you can do this with a second person flicking the key to RUN (not START/CRANK) and off several times to run the fuel pump prime circuit. Could be possible to that the valve core is leaking leading to loss of pressure and also air ingestion.