Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

fuel pump issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 11:45 AM
Starting Member
martin-dave is on a distinguished road
Default fuel pump issues

I have a 2002 chevy blazer 4.3l two door. for a couple of months now i have had the issue of my blazer wanting to stall on me every blue moon but it would start right back up with no issues. recently i was driving it and it stall on me going down the road. and after that it would not start just cranked over. so i had it pull back home and when i try it again it fired right back up. I change the plugs and wires after that and ran it for a day just fine. then it did it again when i went to start it up, nothing just crank. I put my ear down by the tank and there is no fuel pump noise. I just change the fuel pump in it 9 months ago. I check the relay and the fuse and they were all good so i dropped the tank and pulled the pump. I hook the pump up to a battery and it ran just fine. So i put it back in and nothing. i thought it might be my ground this is bolted to the frame so i scuff the spot up and still nothing. I am completely lost on this on.

Old 06-16-2012, 11:11 PM
Starting Member
Melrock83 is on a distinguished road

Did u ever figure out what was causing this? My husband has a 2001 2dr 4.3 Vortec engine doin the exact same thing....and it decided to wait until we were almost 2 hrs from home with our 2 kids to not start. Made plans to get towed ALLL the way home the next morning and it started for him no prob. Did the fuel pump thing a few wks bak and sometimes it starts no prob sometimes not. Right now we are back to the NOT starting cause I had to go pull his home this afternoon with my 1995 2d 4wd blazer. We are totally stumped by this and if u could help that would be freakin AWESOME!!!! Thx

Old 06-25-2012, 10:54 PM
ohiomachinist is on a distinguished road

I would pick up a fuel pressure gauge to check the pressure next time it won't start just to verify that it's a fuel problem. If the pump randomly shuts off it could just be the relay. If there's still pressure then check for ignition problems. Possibly a faulty cam sensor.

Old 06-26-2012, 05:39 AM
Starting Member
Melrock83 is on a distinguished road

Figured out what it was I do believe, well...Ill put it this way..so far so good lol but after goin thru a few things, including parts that wasnt needed mind u, it got to the point that the only thing that made sense was the ground wire coming from the fuel pump. So after it was redone it started just fine and started all day yesterday no prob and so far so good this morning....so knowing the luck I got it was prob something as retarded as that, simple yet a huge pain in the *** lmao thx for the info though....greatly appreciate u takin the time to try and help me