Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

FUEL PUMP WARNINGS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 06:46 PM
Beginning Member
marcspector is an unknown quantity at this point
Default FUEL PUMP WARNINGS!!!

I have been through 4 fuel pumps, one lasted 8 months, then another lasted 6 months, the next 2 months, and finally the last went after 200 miles. These were the "deals" on ebay. Save yourself the aggravation, inconvenience of breaking down in rush hour traffic, and money. Just buy a name brand pump like ACDELCO, DELPHI, MASTER, or AIRTEx. Sure you pay more, but you get what you pay for; quality. Also if you are still running the same pump harness, you should replace it with your new pump otherwise it will not allow full power to reach the pump and in turn it burns out faster.

Old 07-23-2007, 06:59 PM
brock is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: FUEL PUMP WARNINGS!!!

Let us know how long the current one lasts.
My observation is each of your pumps lifes got shorter, sounds like something else is in play.

Old 07-23-2007, 07:39 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

if acdelco supplies what i need to replace, no matter the cost......is what I buy.

Old 07-24-2007, 02:30 PM
Beginning Member

I ended up ordering a Carter fuel pump today, no other brands carried in these part stores.
This is a 1997 Blazer 4.3 Vin w, I have replaced the ignition switch, fuel pump relay, and all sensors, and relays except the map sensor. So I am positive these pump were crap from the getgo. The only thing I have not done is put a quality pump in. It used to have that hard 1-2 shift that feels like youare getting rear ended,transmission shop said it was the valve body, I wanted a second opinion, asked another very knowledgable guy and he said the valve body seperator plate was worn. So I replaced the seperator plate because it was loads cheaper than a valve body fix, and the shifting problem is now gone.

Old 08-01-2007, 06:54 PM
Beginning Member

So I ordered a Carter Fuel pump for $244, instead I get shipped a Master fuel pump for the price of the Carter Pump. It was a very nice surprise. One thing I noticed is that the pumps have been redesigned, or at least the one I have is. The fuel supply hose is attached more securely with some new styled hose clamps as well as being heat fit onto the nipples. The biggest redesign is the 12 volt power connector, it is no longer a square 4 plug connector, it has now changed to a rectangular 4 plug connector with the four plugs in a single line. It came with a note saying the plug had been redesigned because of common failures caused by the old plug unit. The only thing is you have to wire it in yourself, which wasn't a huge problem, but you have to guess where the black wire and the dark grey almost black wire connect to. The new plug has a black wire, and a black wire with a white stripe. the directions and pictures do not help in any way on this because it is neither explained, nor do the pictures show much since they are in black and white. Otherwise it has so far been successful, I can barely hear the new pump come on, all the others I had I could hear with the windows up, no kidding.

Old 08-18-2007, 04:28 PM

How are you doing with the pump and shifting problems after a month?

Old 08-19-2007, 03:35 PM
jaiburnam is an unknown quantity at this point

I own a 1999 blazer 4dr 4x4 ls and I have 1 question. Ok everytime i go to start my blazer I get this really loud buzzing noise and it keeps buzzing even after the motor has turned over and running but say about a minute later the buzzing will stop, the sound seems to be coming from underneath the drivers side near the back. What could this be caused from and why? When i first bought the blazer it was never like that and I'm not really sure when it started but I wish i could make it go away if anyone can help with this matter please post or send me an email at jaiburnam@gmail.com

Old 08-27-2007, 11:56 AM

That would be the fuel pump, sounds like it's on its way out.

Old 09-26-2009, 09:44 PM
backnblack99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the post,i was thinking about ordering a pump of ebay. Now that ive read this,ill be goin by autozone or somewhere like that. Thanks!

Old 09-26-2009, 11:17 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

you know, i've never understood why people will buy parts like this (or any other item that may prove defective before the warrenty expires), from eBay. i'm not saying that eBay is the problem, it's just that, if i get something from my parts supplier, and there is a problem with it (ie; defective, boxed wrong, whatever) then i either return it myself, or have their driver pick it up, and drop off the new/correct part.

Quick Reply: FUEL PUMP WARNINGS!!!