Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Getting fire and fuel, but wont start.

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 06:44 PM
misfit-blazer-boy is on a distinguished road
Default Getting fire and fuel, but wont start.

Hi everyone. Im new to this sight and it has helped me in the past. but i dont see any body with my problem. I have a 87 Blazer with 350 tbi and a M.S.D. box, my frend left it in my back yard for a year or so. He has no idea how to work on it, so I got it from him and dusted it off. It ran when I got it, but real rough. I fixed all the vacume lines to stock. it had leaks all over. i got a coolent temp sensor. the fuel pump is new. new egr. Had a beer can for a egr. I put in a new cat. Now it will crank but wont start. I get feul, and spark. I put my finger in a plug wire and had my wife crank it over. lol the M.S.D. shure gives out some real good spark. Anyway it wont fire. Wont even chug a little. I put a little gas in the tbi and still nothing. tryed moving the timeing and everything. Im stumped. the tbi is not the best and still needs other things done. Butt still, I dont understand how it has feul and spark, but no running motor. Any ideas? any help or info is greatly apprecaited.

P.S. Ill poast some pics when I can. Sorry I cant spell. lol

Old 02-20-2013, 10:06 AM
misfit-blazer-boy is on a distinguished road

Well I got it to start with a prime in the tb. My timing was off 180. The problem now is it wont start and run. I can get it to start for just a moment and die. Im thinking I need to check the tube in my fuel tank. It seems like the fuel pressure is weak. I hear the pump running, but it just drizzles from the injectors. I plan on pulling the tank and blowing all the lines out. And i plan on replacing all the rubber lines. Before I do that, I want to chech fuel pressure first. But if i check the pressure with a bad inner tank tube its kinda worthless, right? it wont get pressure with a split tube, or am i wrong about that? Its a new fuel pump, but that means squat with cheap auto zone parts. It could just be a waek pump too. any advice is very welcome. thanks.