Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Had flexplate replaced, now other issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 02:40 AM
Beginning Member
mikesz1984 is on a distinguished road
Default Had flexplate replaced, now other issues

i just had the flexplate replaced last week in my 1999 blazer 4X4. When i got it back the gas gauge no longer works, and the heater controls wont work either. For the heater i am pretty sure it is a vacuum line, but i am not sure where it would be, is there one that runs down to the transmission or transfer case? What about the fuel gauge, does it share any plugs with the transmission, or does the wire harness even run close where it might have been pinched. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-27-2010, 06:38 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

IMO, it's the shops fault. Those things worked before you took it in and now they do not. You could check for a disconnected vacuum line near the transfer case and look at the wiring underneath, but if you find any damage, demand that the shop that did the work fix it.

Old 04-27-2010, 12:36 PM
Beginning Member

well i fixed the one issue, they tied up the vacuum lines under the hood, and disconnected one of the vacuum lines, so i fixed that and teh heater controls work, so i then tried the 4X4, it flashes and doesnt engage. so i crawled underneath and found a disconected line there

does anybody know where this goes. I know i really should take it back, but....

Old 04-27-2010, 12:43 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like it may be the transfer case breather...

Old 04-27-2010, 12:55 PM
Beginning Member

how hard is that to reinstall, i really dont want to go back to that shop.

Old 04-27-2010, 12:59 PM
Administrator

Should just push in once you find the corresponding hole. However, that would not prohibit the transfer case from completing a shift.

Old 04-27-2010, 01:10 PM
Beginning Member

okay, i willhave to try and find where it goes, and then continue on with my search for why it is not working, i did notice i hear a click when i push the button, so i beleive that it is trying to work, but something is just prohibiting it from going through. I know that the front axle is engaged by vacuum, but what triggers the transfer case to work.

Old 04-27-2010, 01:18 PM
Administrator

If you have the 3-button switch, check out the NV233 threads in the Tech Article (DIY) section. If 4-button, NV236 even though their method of engagement is quite similar.

Old 04-28-2010, 02:12 AM
Beginning Member

is it possible to manually disconnect the transfer case, when i reached under it tonight i couldnt rotate the front drive shaft, and the transfer case felt hot. the switch reads it is in 2 wheel drive but when i turn a corner it acts like it is in 4 wheel drive.. Could i just pull the front drive shaft, or is there some other way.

Old 04-28-2010, 06:20 AM
Administrator

The only way to manually shift the transfer case is to remove the encoder motor and put a wrench to the shift sector shaft (what the encoder motor moves to shift the transfer case).

As far as removing the front driveshaft goes, you could do that, but if your transfer case is not shifting properly, you might want to follow the diagnosis steps found in the Tech Article (DIY) section.