Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

HHHEEELLLPPP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 07:27 PM
Starting Member
hachi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HHHEEELLLPPP!!!

I need some directions on how to install the intake gasket set. On a 96 4.3 v6 blazer. Never worked on the motor. Just bought it and need to know how to get to the gaskets.

Old 08-28-2008, 07:42 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: HHHEEELLLPPP!!!

Got a Haynes or Chilton manual?

Upper intake or lower intake gaskets?

Upper would be easier.

Simple instructions, remove everything in the way.
Which includes but not limited too.
Wiring harness, vacuum hoses, spark plug wires, and upper intake.
If your after the lower intake gaskets (to heads) above plus. Rad hoses and distributor.

Got any engine experience?

Old 08-28-2008, 08:05 PM
Starting Member
97ssblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

upper is cake... lower sucks... moslty because of distrubitor and colant going every where

Old 08-28-2008, 08:39 PM
Starting Member
hachi is an unknown quantity at this point

can u send me halfway intelligent steps to get to the upper?

Old 08-28-2008, 10:11 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Search works wonders!

4.3L Intake Manifold Gasket How-To - D-Tips.com

When you do it, use the Fel-pro MS98002T gasket set. The gaskets have been updated to a metal frame which will outlast the plastic versions.

Old 08-29-2008, 08:24 AM
Banned
Duntov is an unknown quantity at this point

I recently replaced the one-piece TBI intake manifold on my '91 Blazer just ot get clear EGR passages.That is done just like the earlyChevy V8 engines.

Before you remove the distributor, remove the distrbutor cap andbump the engine over until the rotor is pointing towards the firewall . Mark the firewall at that location.Reinstall the distributor with the rotor pointing at the mark you made. That will get your engine within a couple of degrees of where it is supposed to be soit will start. My '91 Blazer does not have a crank sensor so the timing is likelyset differently on mine that onyour '96 Blazer so I don't know if that helps or not.