Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

how to bleed CLUTCH master cylinder 00 blazer

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 07:39 PM
Beginning Member
702Blazer is on a distinguished road
Default how to bleed CLUTCH master cylinder 00 blazer

Can any body please help me out with this. The vehicle is a 2000 blazer.
My clutch master cylinder fluid is gunky and need replacement. a nice write up with pictures would be very appreciated. I'm not very familiar with blazer parts. I have tried searching, no luck.

Old 11-15-2011, 01:39 PM
Beginning Member

No body can help me out?

Old 11-16-2011, 11:25 AM
Beginning Member
Tubais is on a distinguished road

you bleed it just like brakes.. 2 people pump and hold it down and open the bleeder.. after the pressure is off close the bleeder. might have to reach down and pull the pedal up by hand a few times after pressure is released...

Old 11-16-2011, 12:42 PM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Tubais
you bleed it just like brakes.. 2 people pump and hold it down and open the bleeder.. after the pressure is off close the bleeder. might have to reach down and pull the pedal up by hand a few times after pressure is released...
Go to dollar store, buy cheap baster. Remove almost all fluid. Put in fresh fluid from new can/bottle.
then..
A. Then locate slave cyl and loosen bleeder. Use a socket or box end. If it seems real tight, stop and do B.
- fluid should flow by gravity. if not have helper pump a few slow, close bleeder before helper releases pedal. Assume drip pan under car. Clean up after done.
-or-
B. After some miles of shifting, repeat. Do that several times till clear.
- This works esp well for a daily driver with some city driving.

Last edited by pettyfog; 11-16-2011 at 12:58 PM.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:25 PM
Beginning Member

Thanks to both of you for the input. Now if I could just find the slave. Is by the cat side or the oil filter side? Does it sit out side the Trans casing like most 5 speeds?

Old 11-16-2011, 07:46 PM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by 702Blazer
Thanks to both of you for the input. Now if I could just find the slave. Is by the cat side or the oil filter side? Does it sit out side the Trans casing like most 5 speeds?
A. Follow the line from the master cyl. I've never seen a clutch actuator located on the right side, but maybe they do on RHD cars.

B. apparently

Old 11-16-2011, 11:14 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The slave cylinder is a concentric type slave cylinder which mounts around the input shaft on the transmission and is inside the bellhousing. There should still be a bleeder above the line from the master cylinder.

Here's a picture courtesy of RockAuto.com:

Attached Thumbnails how to bleed CLUTCH master cylinder 00 blazer-2000_slave_cyl.jpg  
Old 11-22-2011, 10:40 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by pettyfog
A. Follow the line from the master cyl. I've never seen a clutch actuator located on the right side, but maybe they do on RHD cars.

B. apparently

My 240sx has is on the right side if your sitting in the car that's why I ask.

Old 11-22-2011, 10:43 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by swartlkk
The slave cylinder is a concentric type slave cylinder which mounts around the input shaft on the transmission and is inside the bellhousing. There should still be a bleeder above the line from the master cylinder.

Here's a picture courtesy of RockAuto.com:
Ok so is the bleeder out side the housing , or by the master cylinder, sorry a bit confused.

Old 11-23-2011, 08:43 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Did you look at the picture I posted? That is your slave cylinder. The larger connector is the line from the master cylinder and the smaller, upper line is the bleeder. It may be slightly inside the bellhousing on the transmission.

Quick Reply: how to bleed CLUTCH master cylinder 00 blazer