Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

I can see my fly wheel

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 08:26 PM
Beginning Member
JPate is on a distinguished road
Default I can see my fly wheel

Put the truck on the ramps yesterday to put the skid plates back on. and I noticed that I could seen the fly wheel. Is there supposed to be a cover ?

I just bought this truck about 2 weeks ago and when I looked under it I did not notice it then. The kid had the motor replace and I think something got left out.

Old 01-29-2010, 08:29 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

What are you drivin'?

Old 01-29-2010, 08:39 PM
Beginning Member

Oh sorry. 99 ZR2 blazer.

Old 01-29-2010, 08:47 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Is it a hole like this (might be oval)?

If so, it's just an inspection hole and you can get the cover plate from a GM dealer.
Thanks to 'ABN31B' for posting the the pic.

Old 01-29-2010, 09:00 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by rriddle3
Is it a hole like this (might be oval)?

If so, it's just an inspection hole and you can get the cover plate from a GM dealer.
Thanks to 'ABN31B' for posting the the pic.
Nope. Right where the oil pan buts up to it. I think it might be a smaller pan. because the 2 bolts r missing. I will crawl back under there with the camera and snap some pic.

Old 01-29-2010, 09:02 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like someone has swapped the pan (or possibly the whole motor) on your 99 then... Sounds almost like you have the sheet metal pan instead of the aluminum pan you should have.

Old 01-29-2010, 09:13 PM
Beginning Member

Looks like another trip to the JY. Is it a PITA to change out pan with out pulling alot off?

Old 01-30-2010, 06:01 PM
Beginning Member

my oil pan looks different the the one rriddle3 post in his pic.

Old 02-01-2010, 09:21 PM
ChrisC is on a distinguished road

Sorry man, I didnt see where the motor was swapped and not original pan. Some fords use a rubber plug about that size to seal bellhousing. I know you can get those at napa.

Last edited by ChrisC; 02-02-2010 at 08:46 AM. Reason: < idiot
Old 02-02-2010, 06:14 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by ChrisC
Youve got an auto. You can see your flexplate not your flywheel. Your missing the inspection cover. .
You must have not looked at the last pic. It is of the oil pan (blk after market)and u can also see the round inspection hole. That is the fly wheel and you can see the starter. The factory pan covers the fly wheel and bolts to the trans

Last edited by JPate; 02-02-2010 at 06:43 AM.

Quick Reply: I can see my fly wheel