Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

i need some help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 05:40 PM
Beginning Member
murderedblazer93 is on a distinguished road
Default i need some help!

Alright, so I changed the thermostat in my 99 blazer, but the heat still won't work! Any ideas?

thank you,
Brandon

Old 01-07-2010, 05:55 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

run on 4 (fan speed) before you flush it . then shut it off to flush. flush your heater core out with a garden hose. flush it both ways. make sure the epa is looking the other way. reconnect your 2 lines. then make sure your coolant is topped off. then run it on fan speed 4. wait for the heat!!! This will get you through the winter. most likely you have the garbage dex coolant in it (thats what i got too) Im flushing my radiator out and cleaning it once it gets warmer. Put that green prestone in it its a heck of alot better. check and see if someone dumped stop leak in your radiator too this is what gums up them heater cores and never use stop leak get the leak fixed. those flush and fill kits are like $10 and if i was you i'd do that and a system cleaner for the radiator.

Last edited by Spectreblazer; 01-07-2010 at 08:45 PM.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:12 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

What temp is your engine running at now, when it is warmed up, of course? If it is at the correct temp then do what Spectre stated. If not, then you need to figure out WHY your engine isn't getting up to temp.

Old 01-07-2010, 08:44 PM
Banned

ajbert what do you think about that dex coolant

Old 01-07-2010, 08:51 PM
leeclark is an unknown quantity at this point

dex coolant is crap. its corrosive, it will eat away gaskets which is probably why i had to change my lower intake manifold gasket at 160,000 miles. mine needs a flush too i think cause the heat isnt working good. didnt know if the green antifreeze would hurt the system or not? how many of you use the green stuff?

Old 01-07-2010, 08:57 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leeclark
dex coolant is crap. its corrosive, it will eat away gaskets which is probably why i had to change my lower intake manifold gasket at 160,000 miles. mine needs a flush too i think cause the heat isnt working good. didnt know if the green antifreeze would hurt the system or not? how many of you use the green stuff?
Such an ill-informed reply. But I'll leave you to read the rather lengthy dexcool thread already on the forum to figure out the errors.

And any further discussion on the topic of dexcool should be done in that thread as well. Please do not pull this thread further off topic.

Old 01-08-2010, 12:03 AM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Such an ill-informed reply. But I'll leave you to read the rather lengthy dexcool thread already on the forum to figure out the errors.

And any further discussion on the topic of dexcool should be done in that thread as well. Please do not pull this thread further off topic.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Spectre, it doesn't matter what coolant your are running, as they will all cool your engine to the appropriate temp, even straight water to a point. If your engine isn't getting up to temp then that is what we need to know.

Old 01-09-2010, 08:40 PM
Beginning Member

are you sure fan speed 4 will do the trick? cause i flushed out the system but nothing was backed up, it was as clean as a whistle. and i get some heat, but only through the defrosters, nothing through the feet or face fans.

Old 01-09-2010, 08:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by murderedblazer93
are you sure fan speed 4 will do the trick? cause i flushed out the system but nothing was backed up, it was as clean as a whistle. and i get some heat, but only through the defrosters, nothing through the feet or face fans.
yea mine was pretty clean too. but i got alot more heat out . also make sure you top that coolant off

Old 01-09-2010, 08:54 PM
Beginning Member

alright, cause im just barely keeping warm in this winter with like luke warm heat from the defrosters and the heated seats haha. but thanks a lot, it's a huge help. im just hoping that'll work because the next thing on the list is the heater core :/ and thats a bit pricey hahaha

Quick Reply: i need some help!