Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

This is it the last straw the feul pump

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 03:59 AM
Starting Member
DaddysBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default This is it the last straw the feul pump

i am tired of chasing my tail on this one I have replaced the motor ,plugs ,wires,dist cap ,feul filter, coil pack, spider assembly and a couple other things that I cant think of right know I have a hesatation and I have tryed everything but replacein the feul pump but its on its way I just ordered it off ebay but this is it if this doesnt do the trick thin i have no more answers and im just going to fold these cards and try to find a new hand if you get my drift. Man i love my chevy blazer but for the life of me I cant figure out whats wrong I have had an compression test done ,made sure all the injecters were firing and made sure that I had spark Im guessing the only thing It could be is low feul pressure and like I said if this doesnt fix my problem ill have a 98 for sale . I apprieate all the help that yal have provided and hope to still have the same support in the future just maybe with a fresh start if you get my drift Oh yah its gettin about 30 pounds at key on and the pressure seems to go up to 35 when you turn the key back off its the weirdest thing

Old 09-04-2011, 04:26 AM
kristoph30 is on a distinguished road

I am amazed the thing even runs with that pressure! I would verify the guage first, but if those are your true pressures, why didnt you replace the pump already?

Im hoping you didnt replace all those parts trying to solve your problem! (Motor??)

Old 09-04-2011, 04:28 AM
DySfUnCtIoNaL is on a distinguished road

Fuel pressure must be atleast 55 PSI with the key on and should not fall below 50 ten minutes after the key has been turned off.
Sounds like you have a bad pump.

I know what you're saying though, I was at the same point last week. Truck died, wouldn't restart, no SES light..
Turns out I had a bad distributor.

Old 09-04-2011, 08:43 AM
Starting Member

Man I spend seven hundred and twenty five dallors on a new motor and had it shipped from flordia to north augusta put it in all by myself. Checked and rechecked thin I took it to a macanic and the best advise he could give me was to put a feul pump on it it wouldnt even start until after the spider was put on then I thought it was fixed until I drove it. All the parts I put on the other motor triing to fix it I put on this motor.Come to find out the old motor had lost compression in cylinder six. So now I have a new motor all new parts and still a truck that runs like sh$$. Like I said Im going nuts and broke triing to figure this one out. And last night even started looking for another vehicle. MAN THIS SUCK BAD.

Old 09-04-2011, 11:45 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

You said u ordered one off ebay...I hope you ordered a ac delco,or delphi...or your gonna be pissed in a couple of months...

Old 09-04-2011, 06:15 PM
Starting Member
Talking Work its self out or die?

I was driving the blazer today and you could feel what i think was the feul pump working good, then it would start hesitaing, then working, then not back and forth. But what was strange was it didnt die it just would start for a minute then stop I cant wait for my new feul pump to get here and thank god that the old one didnt die today because we were a long way from home. Anyway Im almost positive that it is the feul pump now after the way it acted today. In a way Im relieved. I wonder if the old one is going to last until the new one gets here on friday man this is now pretty tricky. Maybe its trash and it will work its self out or just die that is the question.

Old 09-05-2011, 02:08 PM
Starting Member

Well drove it for about an hour straight today and it didnt hesitate one time Man is it possiable for this thing to just work it self out well yes god lord willing it has or at least has seem to in my case and I could not be more happy but I have already ordered my new feul pump so Ill have to dicide weather not to change it out. Well I probly should just go a head and change it out that way I dont have to worry about Ill know that its brand new along with a lot of other thing.

Old 09-05-2011, 02:12 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

he could also have a bad fuel pressure gauge just an opinion