Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Let see how many things can go wrong!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 07:34 PM
Starting Member
BresBlazy will become famous soon enough
Unhappy Let see how many things can go wrong!

oil filter.....????? what the H man.

Old 08-28-2010, 08:22 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Could be the power steering lines. If 4wd, the three loops of pipe on the driver side in front of the radiator make up the power steering fluid cooler. They like to rust and leak over time.

Old 08-28-2010, 09:56 PM
blueblazer1982 is on a distinguished road

could be the cooler lines too. they tend to leak , although i've never seen any leak that bad.

Old 08-28-2010, 10:11 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by blueblazer1982
could be the cooler lines too. they tend to leak , although i've never seen any leak that bad.

LOL well that makes me feel better
Its black and thick....the pic behind the tire its all piled up...I stuck my finger in it, I could scrape a nice hunk off.

Hm....RATS!

see...

Last edited by rriddle3; 08-29-2010 at 04:02 AM. Reason: COMBINING CONSECUTIVE THREADS
Old 08-29-2010, 02:45 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

That just looks like grease from the inner tie rod end. Unless the grease is green which is typical for a CV shaft leak, it likely is just from over greasing of the inner tie rod end.

Old 08-29-2010, 02:57 PM
Starting Member

I popped open the oil filter cover this morning after cleaning my maf sensor, Its covered in oil...I took pics will post later.

Old 08-29-2010, 03:32 PM
croozer is on a distinguished road

Make sure you oil filter is still tight. Did anyone else change your oil besides you lately? That leak looks really fresh on the front.

Old 08-30-2010, 10:51 AM
Starting Member

ok guys, im going to cry soon.

NOW my battery seems to be draining rather quickly....the lights for the gears and milage are flickering....heres my list of issues:

Batter voltage 2 notches below 14
gear and milage light flickering
leak near on and around oil filter (now I did not change it myself last time)
Changed out injector but still sputtering/jerking at 2500-3000 rmps and under, once warm, problem is gone.
power door locks now not working...just the locks, rear hatch and alarm work.

Changed out injector
Cleaned MAF sensor
Put in an injector cleaner

Someone suggested alternator?

Old 08-30-2010, 11:41 AM
croozer is on a distinguished road

Geeeez, I feel for ya ! I hate it too when multiple problems start showing up and no flippin idea why.
If you can, Take the alternator off and take it in to get tested. Check with autoparts stores near you, they may be able to test it while still in the Blazer. The parts stores usually test it for free.
The flickering sounds like its in your charging system.
Check for fuses,connectors or relays for you windows or maybe a broken wire where the wires go into your door in the hinge area. Wiggle them around while using the switch.
You might have to pull the plastic skid plate from under your oil leak area to get a better look at where the oil leak is coming from.
I know I have been doing this with my Blazer lately!!
Keep using the search feature to try to elliminate the engine miss..Its just gotta be something simple..right!!

Last edited by croozer; 08-30-2010 at 11:44 AM.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:09 PM
Starting Member

HA HA, yes! Im smackin myself too!
I did look at the wires in the door, nothin.
I also opened the skid plate, I took pics just have not uploaded them yet, its not lookin good under there... maybe oilfilter leaking, ARG.
Yeah Ima take it over to auto zone after work and have them check the alt...

Thanks for hangin in with me
I will let you know what I find out...my poor baby.

Quick Reply: Let see how many things can go wrong!