Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

lookin to go brand new

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 05:31 PM
blazinrebel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default lookin to go brand new

im gonna order this crate engine from goodwrench, http://store.summitracing.com/partde...t=NAL-12568758, and i think im going to have my transmission rebuild but im not sure if i wanna have a shift kit put in. wat opnionsdo u guys have on this?

Old 05-02-2008, 08:42 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: lookin to go brand new

I would definitely have a shift kit installed. One of the best upgrades you can have for a transmission. The shorter the shift, the lower the heat generated and the lower the wear on the clutch packs.

Old 06-03-2008, 03:46 AM
driven is an unknown quantity at this point

I would agree with swartlkk, have shift kits installed for some upgrades on your car.

Old 06-03-2008, 10:54 AM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough

I installed a GM Goodwrench 4.3L in my S15 Jimmy and I have been very happy with it. I have over 70K on the engine and it runs like a top. The 4.3L is a GM Factory Rebuilt to GMSpecifications. Mine did not include any sheet metal, Intake, Dist. Water Pump or accessories. I installed my self and would do it again. I also purchased a GM Goodwrench transmission late last year. It is perfect.

Old 06-03-2008, 11:57 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Going with any large, well known, engine rebuilder would work fine with these engines. There is nothing exotic on them. A GM Goodwrench engine would be a fine choice.

With rebuilt transmissions, you really have to look into what they are replacing. If they are leaving the hard parts (cages, spools, shells, etc) even though some of them may have been known to be problematic, I would run away. GM Goodwrench transmissions use updated parts when available (reaction sun shell) to increase the reliability. So does MonsterTrans, Jasper, etc.