Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

missfire question

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 05:46 PM
dakota_chevy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default missfire question

figured this is as good a place as any to ask. I am having trouble with cylinder number 2 missing regularly. sometimes, it misses just slightly through the RPM's (similar to the problem mentioned a couple threads down in the 2k range) and others it idles completely rough and i can tell is missing entirely. I just had everything checked out, they tried 3 spark plugs, they were all fine but did make the ride a little smoother. also check compression, just got a new cat, etc... i'm down to thinking its the fuel injector. Can anyone confirm a similar problem and let me know how changing it went? i though it was the intake gasket because i lose some antifreeze too but i was told by the friendly mechanice that cylinder 2 is too close to the front for the gasket to cause much of a problem. any help is appreciate thanks!

-Desperate to fix this
*COMBINING CONSECUTIVE POSTS*
btw, this is a 2000 blazer

Old 02-03-2009, 05:48 PM
Default RE: missfire question

btw, this is a 2000 blazer

Old 02-03-2009, 11:07 PM
BlazerLove is an unknown quantity at this point

Try running a few bottles of Techron Chevron through it and see if it helps at all.

Old 02-03-2009, 11:12 PM
blazer934x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

replace rotor button and cap sounds like cap is bad or u have a vacc leak or the map sensor is going out

Old 02-04-2009, 02:59 AM
BlazerLove is an unknown quantity at this point

If the misfire is only occuring in the #2 cylinder, even after changing out the plugs it could be a bad wire. I'd go with the above suggestion about the cap and rotor if i were you just to be safe.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:04 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely do a complete tune up consisting of wires, cap, & rotor if you have not already.

What were your compression results? How did they compare with the rest of the cylinders?

Old 02-04-2009, 07:52 AM

i've gone through a complete tune-up: plugs, wires, cap, rotor, fuel filter, have run 2 bottles of that chevron techron and just put in another bottle of injector cleaner. I didn't see the compression results, but the guy (hah, that's his name: guy) said that the results were perfect.

Old 02-06-2009, 08:38 AM
Starting Member
bammontana has a little shameless behavior in the past

Did you check the plug on cyl 2? Is it saturated with fuel? Your injector might be going.

Old 02-07-2009, 12:21 AM
Starting Member
Beckyj636 is an unknown quantity at this point

What is easiest way to get to the plugs on 96 blazer 4.6? because they look like a nightmare!

Old 02-07-2009, 07:30 AM
billw129 is an unknown quantity at this point

Change the injector and make sure that you use the ac delco part as there have been a few issues with other brands. It might be a little more pricey but there isn't any other way as far as the injectors go.

Quick Reply: missfire question