Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Mpg

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2021, 02:33 PM
Chessie is on a distinguished road
Default Mpg

Owned my 2021 Hot Red Chevy Blazer RS since 08/08/2021. Onboard mileage (Last 450 miles) indicates 25.1 MPG. average for my total mile driven. Is this normal?

Old 11-14-2021, 04:13 PM
Mods is on a distinguished road

if you drive in the city with constant stop and go traffic, have poor quality fuel (depends on locality and which gas station you go to) or are smashing the pedal to the floor all the time, it will contribute to low gas mileage. as well as using manual shifting modes improperly. Though 25MPG is about double what most rigs on this forum will ever hope to get so i think you're well in the green,

Old 11-14-2021, 04:48 PM
BF Veteran
Tom A will become famous soon enough

Yes, according to the EPA, that's normal. What did your window sticker say?

Old 11-14-2021, 05:49 PM

I agree probably well in the green. Sticker is 20/25/22

Old 11-14-2021, 05:50 PM

Sticker is 20/25/22

Old 11-21-2021, 08:57 AM
jimspahr@msn.com is on a distinguished road

Yes, most of the forum driving a SUV with a 4.3L V6 would kill for 25.1 MPG. On my best day, my 03 LS got 17.9 MPG. I want to ask you to take the actual MPG based on no. of miles driven / no. of gallons to see the the real MPG. The on board computer gives you some infotainment quality info. You need to compute the mileage for at least 3 to 5 times to get a realistic picture. Try to use the same gasoline at the same station if possible. Prior to this, check your tire pressure and get it 2 to 4 lbs./cold reading/ over the factory rec. pressure on the sticker. Please let us know what you get.

Old 11-21-2021, 10:42 AM

The mileage quoted is based on total miles driven (600) versus total gallons of gas put in. And all gas has been from 1 station and even the same pump. I am aware of the "Fudge Factor" used on the on board computers. I have driven 3 Toyota Prius and a Toyota RAV4 Hybrid and got 52 MPG on 2 of the Prius and 57 MPG on the last Prius. All based on above method of calculation. The Toyota RAV4 Hybrid is currently getting 41.5 MPG. I calculated the "Fudge Factor" of the on board computer on the 4 Toyota vehicles versus hand calculations and determined it to be a factor of 5%. So I have no reason to believe the GM Blazer "Fudge Factor" to be any less.

Old 11-22-2021, 07:35 AM
jimspahr@msn.com is on a distinguished road

Car manuf. would never lie to you. Esp. VW and GM. I remember when the GM speedometers were always 5--7 miles fast. That was a good MPG advantage right there. How could you get a realistic MPG figure with inaccurate info ? The up side of that optimistic reading was it may have saved many driver's from getting a speeding ticket ! Cynical in Seattle. Jim

Old 11-22-2021, 09:05 AM

"Car manuf. would never lie to you. Esp. VW and GM."
Sure...... And if they told us a wolverine would make a good pet we would all go out a get one. LOL
​​​​​​​

Old 11-22-2021, 11:20 AM
LesMyer will become famous soon enough

I believe the EPA MPG estimates are pretty accurate for ideal conditions. So yes, I would believe 25mpg highway is possible with your vehicle when driven carefully.

Nice ride!

Quick Reply: Mpg