Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

MPG's

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 01:14 PM
LittleDan911 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default MPG's

Ok Its Been A Good Min Since I've Been On Here But.. I Have Been Having Issues With My MPG's In My Balzer..I Ment To Post This Awhile Ago But I'm Have Nothing To Do At Work ToDay Soo Here Ya All Go. When First Got My Blazer I Was Getting 18-20 Sometimes 22 Mpg'sIf I Babyed The **** Out Of It.. Anywho Now I'm Getting 12-14 Mpg's... No Matter How I Drive Babying It OrBeating On It.. And It All Started After I Did A Full Tune Up Ac Delco Plugs, MSD Wires, CarQuest Cap, CarQuest Rotor, And PTC Fuel Filter... Thats When I Really Noticed It And The My Fuel Pump Went Out Aboot A Month Ago Now I'm Getting A Consitant 13.5 mpg 14.5 Is The Highest.. And It Dosne't Make A Differance If I Add Fuel Injector Cleaner...

Old 01-23-2008, 03:00 PM
Mr Blazer LT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: MPG's

When's the last time you did a tranny/differential flush? Last time I did mine, my MPG skyrocketed up. Do you have 4WD?

Old 01-23-2008, 04:59 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

AC Delco cap + rotor is usually the best way to go...

Do driveline maintenance, change the air filter, or clean it if it's a reusable one.

Check your coolant level, just in case...

If it started getting crappy mileage right about when winter started... Don't spend so much time warming it up

Old 01-24-2008, 08:39 AM
Starting Member
BlazerSS is an unknown quantity at this point

"If it started getting crappy mileage right about when winter started... Don't spend so much time warming it up "out

I agree with DrPerry, Huge factor that a lot of people forget about!

Old 01-24-2008, 09:58 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Another thing to consider is that most northern states have a "winter-mix" fuel that typically results in lower fuel mileage.

Old 01-24-2008, 06:49 PM
Starting Member
BlazerSS is an unknown quantity at this point

Also another good point by Kyle. That's probably why my mileage is down as well, already keeping in mind the 5 min to warm it up every morning. My advice especially is to stay away from BP Amaco if you have them around you. I have seen Acura, Honda, and Cadillac dealers service departments tell customers not to use their gasoline, especially in the winter. Also bad in any Chrysler/Dodge 3.5L High Output engines. Also stay away from the Speedway, Jewel/Albertson, Dominick's, Sams Club, Costco, these tend to be the "bottom of the tankerpurchases from the oil and petroleum companies and contain all the leftover crap" straight from a petroleum chemical engineer's mouth. You're better off paying the extra $.05 for the Chevron, Texaco, Sunoco, 76, Phillips 66/Conoco, Shell gasoline. Just my 2 cents.

Good point Kyle.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:28 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Also, if you have any one of the stations listed on TopTierGas.com[/b], use them!

Old 01-24-2008, 10:03 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

I think I will fill up at the shell from now on, it is usually the same price wise as the walmart station up here except for not having the save 3cents per gallon with a walmart gift card. It looks like right now I am getting somewhere between 10 and 13mpg in the snow, which I can afford since i dont drive too often. If they had a kwiktrip up here i would go there, as that is usually what i fill up with at home.

Old 01-24-2008, 11:11 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

I will be going to chevron more often, my gas mileage has gone down quite a bit and I also think I need a new cat as well!!!!

Old 01-25-2008, 11:38 AM
LittleDan911 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah I Did Trans And Rear End Fluid Change Haven't Gottin To The Front Yet.. I Was Also Thinking I Might Have Gotten A Bad Set Of Plugs... Cause When I Changed Them In My Dads 001500 He Got Shatty MPG's Then Changed Them Again.. And Its Better.. And Marathon Gas is The Way I Go I Gained Aboot 1.5 Mpg's When I Did All The Math.. Compared To Other Stations.. So I Think I'm Gona Change My Plugs Oot Again And Change The Front Diff Fluid... My Next Option I Was Thinking About Doing Is Just Replacing The Injectors...

Quick Reply: MPG's