Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

My NEW AcDelco Fuel Pump, is it OK? Video insde!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 05:59 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Your long term fuel trims shown in the video do not really indicate a fuel leak inside the plenum, but it may not be that much of a leak.

Old 08-31-2010, 06:05 PM
Starting Member
Denominator is on a distinguished road

But with "not that much of a leak", would it give me this major symptoms with the engine?

Old 08-31-2010, 06:23 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You have confirmed that you have a leak. Next course of action, find and fix the leak. We can speculate possibly without ever coming to a conclusion.

Old 08-31-2010, 08:39 PM
Starting Member

I'm pulling of the top of the plenum tomorrow Hope the gasket survive, I don't have a new one for 5 days. Not in stock and had to be ordered in....

Yes, as you say I have a leak, and it's not at the pump, that not leaving to many possibilities. Would it have to be a big leak to drop fuel in my engine oil? My oil seems a bit thin And not as dark/"black" as earlier.

Old 09-01-2010, 03:06 PM
Starting Member

OK, then the top of the plenum is of, and this is what I found:

I did clean the inside of the plenum quite well when I changed my LIM, but there is clearly sign of washing on the left side. But the problem is, I can't find the leak!
KEY ON - no visual leak.... And it's correct that there should be noe fuel spraying out of the nozzles with only KEY ON? I suspect that the leak comes from one or more of the three fuel lines on the left side in the picture?

Even the top part of the plenum has some wetness and washing to it:

Any ideas to where the leak is coming from? It looks like there must be something spraying all over...........

Old 09-01-2010, 04:52 PM
Administrator

Have you pressurized the system and looked for a leak?

Old 09-01-2010, 05:08 PM
Starting Member

As I wrote in my last post "KEY ON - no visual leak.... And it's correct that there should be noe fuel spraying out of the nozzles with only KEY ON? I suspect that the leak comes from one or more of the three fuel lines on the left side in the picture?"

I have turned the key on, without starting the engine of course, but there are no leak that I can see. Should there be fuel coming to the nozzles without starting the engine? Is there a way to test the six fuel lines going to the nozzles?

Old 09-01-2010, 05:13 PM
Administrator

There is one central electronic injector where the wiring connector is on the driver side. You can apply power & ground to the injector to open it (do it very quickly). This will push fuel pressure to all 6 of the poppet nozzles.

The poppet nozzles will not spray until the lines are pressurized over 50psi.

Old 09-01-2010, 05:20 PM
Starting Member

Any idea on what the volt is? 12v? And maybe what wire to apply power to? hehe
Or could I just switch the key over to START for a few seconds? The coil are disconnected so it will not fire up.....

Last edited by Denominator; 09-01-2010 at 05:36 PM.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:49 PM
Administrator

If you turn the key to the ON position, one post will be powered. The PCM grounds out the injector on the dark blue wire. So if you apply a ground to the dark blue wire, the injector should open.

Quick Reply: My NEW AcDelco Fuel Pump, is it OK? Video insde!