Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Transmission (https://blazerforum.com/forum/engine-transmission-35/)
-   -   In need of help (https://blazerforum.com/forum/engine-transmission-35/need-help-93120/)

Ralston Walton 08-29-2016 03:16 PM

In need of help

I have a 2000 Chevy Blazer that shuts off randomly while I'm driving. I have replaced the fuel pump and filter, spark plugs and wires and distributor and rotor, relays throttle positioning senor, ignition module. The starter and alternator are both in good condition I've had all the senors tested and the fuel pressure is good even when the engine shuts off randomly and still shuts down while I'm driving. Can anyone please tell me what else could be wrong. A few mechanics have told me that the computer might have to be reset but I took it to a Chevy service shop and they didn't say anything about it even when I mentioned it to them. I also had the cat converter checked and its not clogged. Also I put a new ignition switch and new crankshaft sensor in

LesMyer 08-31-2016 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by Ralston Walton (Post 668300)
I have a 2000 Chevy Blazer that shuts off randomly while I'm driving. I have replaced the fuel pump and filter, spark plugs and wires and distributor and rotor, relays throttle positioning senor, ignition module. The starter and alternator are both in good condition I've had all the senors tested and the fuel pressure is good even when the engine shuts off randomly and still shuts down while I'm driving. Can anyone please tell me what else could be wrong. A few mechanics have told me that the computer might have to be reset but I took it to a Chevy service shop and they didn't say anything about it even when I mentioned it to them. I also had the cat converter checked and its not clogged. Also I put a new ignition switch and new crankshaft sensor in

Does it start right back up? or does it refuse to start for some period of time? Any SES light? Any codes stored? Spark present when it won't start? Injector pulses present when it won't start? Fuel pressure at time of no start? Please stop guessing and shotgunning random parts at the problem - it's not working for you. Go back to the basics. Engines still need 3 things to run.

1) compression (which would not be intermittent)
2) the correct amount of fuel
3) sufficient spark at the correct time to light the fuel/air mix.

If you have replaced or disturbed the crank sensor/timing cover, then you will need to have a crankshaft sensor relearn performed by someone with a capable scan tool ($$$).

Best wishes for a successful repair

Ralston Walton 08-31-2016 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by Lesmyer (Post 668367)
Does it start right back up? or does it refuse to start for some period of time? Any SES light? Any codes stored? Spark present when it won't start? Injector pulses present when it won't start? Fuel pressure at time of no start? Please stop guessing and shotgunning random parts at the problem - it's not working for you. Go back to the basics. Engines still need 3 things to run.

1) compression (which would not be intermittent)
2) the correct amount of fuel
3) sufficient spark at the correct time to light the fuel/air mix.

If you have replaced or disturbed the crank sensor/timing cover, then you will need to have a crankshaft sensor relearn performed by someone with a capable scan tool ($$$).

Best wishes for a successful repair

Yes it stats right back up without hesitation
there ae no codes thrown from what I can see
the parts ive replace are the parts mechanics have toold me to replace because they were bad and thats what they thought the problem was.
thanks I'll check the pressure again