Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

need help coolant leak!!!!please overheating

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 08:49 PM
Banned
felonyblazer96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default need help coolant leak!!!!please overheating

my 96 blazer i guess was low on antifreeze and after i raced sum1 today i pulle up and it was mildly smoking...i relized there was no anti freeze in it so im almost 2 the store and it strats overheating to where it says check gauges.......i put in antifreeze in the add reservoir and put the rest in the radiator.....still overheated then when i looked on the side of my truck i seen the antifreeze in the snow.......i bought 2 gallons of water and put them in the radiator and as soon as i do that i look under it and its coming out fast but not from the radiator.....it drips down off the oil pan..like where the oil drain plug is..........please tell me its just a belt or something minor!!!!!!any help would be nice.........christmas and this happens

Old 12-24-2007, 10:00 PM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: need help coolant leak!!!!please overheating

Check to see if it's leaking from the bottom of the water pump or the frost plugs in the sides of the block.

Old 12-24-2007, 11:05 PM
Banned

if they are what is it going to mean? it drips down from above and drips off by the oil drain plug....but i think it may be like running to their because it leaks a little bit a little closer to the front..

Old 12-24-2007, 11:25 PM
4x4willywill is an unknown quantity at this point

ok first off ... check ALL hoses , THEN check around front of engine by the water pump, and if you STILL havent found the leak then look around below spark plugs and on dipstick for goldish milky oil if you find it on dipstick you either cracked the headgasket or head Or worst case the Block~!

dont forget the HEATER hoses for heater core can cause the leak too .. alot of ppl forget they hold fluid lol

Old 12-24-2007, 11:29 PM
Banned

mytruck starts up fine......my heater has been giving me alot of problems lately! like i gotta punch the compressor for it to work......i listened for the leak and it sounded like it was bubling out of a hose....does a water pump make that noise? il def check the coolant tomorrow....if no coolant in oil should i be ok? if it was that would it still start

Old 12-24-2007, 11:46 PM
Banned

i miss my blazer i wouldnt even leave it i sat in it 4 for hours until i got ahold of my uncle to tow me

Old 12-25-2007, 10:48 AM
Banned

any other advice?

Old 12-25-2007, 11:51 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: felonyblazer96

......my heater has been giving me alot of problems lately! like i gotta punch the compressor for it to work......i listened for the leak and it sounded like it was bubling out of a hose....does a water pump make that noise?
You do realize that the compressor and the heater have absolutely no connection to each other's operation, right? The defroster and compressor, yes, but not the heater and compressor. As for the leak and the bubbling sound, if you can verify thatnone ofthe hoses are leaking, look at the side of the intake manifoldarea that the leak appears to be dripping from, especially the rear portion. You might have a leak from the gasket and it could be running down the engine block.

Old 12-25-2007, 12:53 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: felonyblazer96

any other advice?
Have you even bothered to take the advice given? Or is this thread destined to sit just like the other threads...?

What have you done to try to rectify the situation?

Old 12-25-2007, 01:18 PM
Banned

um nothing because im 50 miles away at a party........cnt do nothing till tomorrow and i wanna see all possibilities.....if you aint got advice dont talk to me

Quick Reply: need help coolant leak!!!!please overheating