Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Need some info on manual tranny

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 05:24 PM
Starting Member
midnightmekanik is on a distinguished road
Default Need some info on manual tranny

Ok, I'm not trying to venture into this now, but I would like some info... I did a search, but everything has been for the 2 door version of the truck...

I have a 97 4door 4x4 Jimmy, I would like to convert over to stick. The info I need is would driveshafts, transfer cases, etc work? What I mean is could I use the parts I have in there now mated to a manual? Just checking on info for spline counts, lengths, clearances etc. Fabbing up mounts or what not isn't an issue...

Anyone ever done this before?

Old 07-05-2009, 03:33 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The 4dr was never offered with a manual transmission. You may have to have some new driveshafts made up once everything is installed and you know your lengths. If you find that the bell housing to front and rear output dimensions are the same between the manual and automatic transmissions, then you should be able to bolt it in with no troubles. You will then need to install the clutch master cylinder and pedal as well as have your PCM tuned to block out all of the current automatic transmission integration.