Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Need some input, totally stumped

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 12:22 AM
resjrsz is on a distinguished road
Default Need some input, totally stumped

Hello everyone,
I'm the proud owner of an 04 blazer, 4.3 rwd.
It's new to me, and has ran fine for the past few months.
However, it's recently gotten quite cold here and the problems have begun.
Two weeks back, I got a SES light that read something like "coolant temperature too low", I figured it was because of the cold air intake the prior owner had installed, cleared it and it didnt return. A week later, I drive her across town, get done shopping and fire here up and the engine idled horribly and started to misfire, giving the code p0303, cylinder 3 misfire.
Here I am a week later, growing short on funds, and already changed the fuel filter, oil, plugs, wires, and a vacuum line that I'd seem to have knocked off. The line was the one that looks like a T at the top right of the drivers side, I assumed the end that popped off went right back into the little tab in the fender well?
Anyway, it's very strange, since on the first start of the morning or if it has sat for awhile the thing fires RIGHT up and runs like a champion, its only when it reaches normal temp and then SITS for 20 to 30 minutes that it starts to misfire, most of the time I can give it a healthy amount of gas and it goes back to normal with a slight rough idle, but once in awhile it takes a minute or two of sputtering and giving me the p0303 code to straighten out.
Any Ideas? I'm ready to pull my hair out, any suggestions are welcome.
Thanks in advance

Old 02-14-2010, 12:23 AM

Also, I'd add that I've searched the forums and cant find anything similiar =/

Old 02-14-2010, 02:12 AM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

When you changed out the plugs and wire did you do the cap and rotor, too? I've had that bite me in the butt before.

Old 02-14-2010, 06:56 AM
Starting Member
Bigringtravis is on a distinguished road

Check your plug wires and make sure one hasn't burnt/worn through. I had this happen to me myself.

Old 02-14-2010, 09:16 AM

I have yet to change the cap and rotor, only reason I have yet to do so is because the distributor wouldnt cause ONE cylinder to misfire would it? its ONLY #3 atm, the wire and plugs are changed, acdelco of course. I will say its started since it got cold here in florida