Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

need some serious help asap

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 12:35 PM
Starting Member
butters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default need some serious help asap

okay, so to start the problem is the tranny delays the shift, kinda like bogs down almost, holds rpm like its going to shift but takes way to long, also backfiring not all the time but some times. new parts, exhaust cat included, all new o2 sensors, spider fuel injection system, mas air flow sensor, cap rotor plugs and wires, alt, and battery, fuel tank and sending unit and all lines, k/n air filter, oil and tranny flush, and today speed sensor which i have herd from most people is the most likely thing. after the new speed sensor it is better but not the way it should be still. doesn't bog as much but still doesn't shift on time. any help would be great i have tried everything i can think of. thanks everyone

Old 09-05-2010, 01:35 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Have you checked the trans fluid level (transmission hot, vehicle on flat/level ground w/ engine running)?

Are there any current or pending codes?

Old 09-06-2010, 05:20 PM
Starting Member

fluid was done less then 1000 miles ago and is perfect. no codes.

Old 09-07-2010, 04:37 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Any of these symptoms sound similar to your situation:
4L60E Information & Common Problems - Compilation

Old 09-07-2010, 07:01 PM
Starting Member

code PO300 random cylinder misfire is on now. came on and off throughout the day and well this sucks. 5 months ago when i failed emitions this was one of the codes, and the main reason for the spider injection system. truck was not driving much but did run better but still not the way it should. now its worse, no idea what to do any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Old 09-07-2010, 07:20 PM
Administrator

So... What are all of the symptoms here?

Old 09-07-2010, 09:18 PM
Starting Member

at highways speeds i can feel a sputter if you will, but before the code i thought it was the tranny not knowing what gear to be in. when it goes to shift if i am accelerating fast it will shift okay (high rpm shift) at a normal rate it will cut out, kinda bog like feel/sound and when i totaly let off the gas it will shift. i am wondering if there is any way i may have the plug wires on wrong? its all new but maybe some are backwards. i did that before and it ran much worse but maybe the timing is close? idk, gas millage is about 8-10 tops

Old 09-07-2010, 09:21 PM
Administrator

I really doubt that your wires are on wrong. Have you done a tune up lately?

Old 09-08-2010, 05:33 PM
Starting Member

everything is tuned up. i dont know what else there could be to tune up. and now have reliezed that when i got my new plugs they were not labbled and all the old ones were already off so i went with what looks right. and it really didnt seem like the wires were the same lenght i remember going with what was closest. is there a diagram for how long each one should be? or something similar to that?

Old 09-08-2010, 06:03 PM
Administrator

Here is how it should be hooked up:

Quick Reply: need some serious help asap