Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

New Blazer owner with issues!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 07:52 PM
vegasbaby24 is on a distinguished road
Angry New Blazer owner with issues!!!!

Hi all, I just purchased a 1997 Chevy Blazer with 240,000 KMS, I have always wanted one and now I'm rethinking my decision!!!

I brought it home with no issues. Day 2 with my new truck, pulled into my driveway and antifreeze starts pouring out of the overflow. I also noticed on day 2 that after being driven for around 30 mins it starts to shift hard from 1st to 2nd. Day 3 with truck, NO PROBLEMS!!, day 4 with truck, once again pulled into driveway and a brake line snapped. replaced the brake line and started on home whern the truck started to overheat!! (notice there were no overheating issues on day 2 or 3) what could be going on!! any answers would be greatly appreciated!!!

Old 08-07-2009, 09:28 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

There are a ton of possibilities. Bad thermostat, plugged radiator or ac condenser exteriors limiting air flow, bad fan clutch, air in the cooling system, bad radiator cap, leaking gasket, bad waterpump, bad headgasket, etc. Just listing the possibilities so you can go through and check/clean/replace those items you feel comfortable doing. I have seen thermostats stick shut in the past so that could explain the intermittent problem.

I would start by cleaning the ac condenser and radiator exteriors really well. Then do a full cooling system flush and refill, replacing the radiator cap and thermostat while you have the system drained.