Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

No Time No Mods

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 06:03 PM
XtremeMarine is on a distinguished road
Default No Time No Mods

Hey everyone, im new to this and rarely have time to work on my blazer. I am a US Marine stationed at Camp Lejeune. I have an 04 Blazer Extreme. I was wondering what I can do to improve the performance of my engine. Whether it be a turbo or just a cold air intake. Im looking to maximize all the power in my blazer. A buddy of mine told me about something he read where corvette seliniods could be put in the blazers..? IDK. If any one knows anything about different mods to an 04 blazer please let me know.

Thank You

Mark

Old 09-08-2009, 07:57 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

The two things most people do is upgrade the exhaust (muffler) and a true cold air intake. You're not going to notice any big difference, but there can be a slight improvement. After that, programming the PCM and a set of headers (if you can find them). I only did the muffler and PCM programming. No big whoop.
The Corvette solenoid in the transmission will help firm the shifts, but that can be done with the PCM programming.

Old 09-08-2009, 08:52 PM

Thanks, what would i do to feel more power? MY gov cuts the blazer out at 98mph. How can that be changed?

Old 09-08-2009, 09:19 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Feel more power or have more power? They can be mutually exclusive. The top speed can be changed with the PCM programming, but why? These things are not Corvettes and are not designed for handling at high speeds.

Old 09-15-2009, 09:51 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

Wait... you arent with the Traks in CHB are you? I saw a Black Blazer Xtreme that sounded like it might have a 15 in it.

Old 09-18-2009, 12:22 AM

no mines white. and im with 2/6 F. 0311. you?

Old 09-18-2009, 01:22 AM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

Ah, I see. I'm not a Marine, I just date one lol.

Old 09-19-2009, 05:40 PM
Starting Member
danmiranda is an unknown quantity at this point

A highly debated mod would be the throttle blade mod. If you trim some of the lip that is on your throttle blade (about 3/4 usually does it) its supposed to give more air flow. Think of it as having extra pedal, supposedly.

CAI, Exhaust, and Computer reprograms are definite starts. But as mentioned by rriddle, don't expect significant increases in HP with this engine, you might as well drop in another engine if thats what your looking for.

Old 09-20-2009, 09:24 PM
Xtremechubs is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rriddle3
Feel more power or have more power? They can be mutually exclusive. The top speed can be changed with the PCM programming, but why? These things are not Corvettes and are not designed for handling at high speeds.
Well i had my 02 S10 blazer Xtreme up to 128mph and it seemed to handle just fine with stock suspension and now with the LS swap i'm doing i'm sure i'll see those speeds or above and i have seen some stock suspension S10's well above that speed.