Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

No voltage to crankshaft position sensor

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 12:23 AM
Pagerboy is on a distinguished road
Default No voltage to crankshaft position sensor

I have 2001 jimmy 4wd 4.3, I have no spark, and no pulse from ckp, I have a good ground to the sensor but no 12 volt supply voltage? Wires test good! its my understanding the the computer supply's this voltage on pin 2 of the blue connector. There is no voltage there ether? I have replaced computer with a junk yard unit with no luck and same result. I have chk all fuses and can't find a bad one! Does anybody know why there is no voltage to this sensor?

Old 07-10-2013, 11:42 AM

I have no voltage going to the camshaft sensor ether? pin 39 red conector? i have checked all the 12 volts and grounds to pcm there are all good? anybody know what tells pcm to supply 12 volts to ckp and cam?

Old 07-11-2013, 03:20 PM

any help? anyone?

Old 07-17-2013, 12:30 AM

no help?

Hello?

Last edited by swartlkk; 07-18-2013 at 10:59 AM. Reason: merging 2 consecutive posts
Old 07-17-2013, 04:08 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Do you have voltage at the coil . not sure, but on my 98 blazer its a pink wire. Key on

Old 07-17-2013, 08:42 PM

yes i do! i dont have voltage coming out of the pcm to the crank shaft sensor,camshaft sensor, or fuel pump?

Old 07-17-2013, 08:50 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The pcm does not provide +12v current to these sensors, the ignition switch does thru fuses. Check out the OBD2 code listings as well as the how-to articles for diagrams concerning the ckp, cmp, and ignition switch.

Old 07-17-2013, 09:12 PM

According to alldata it does get its power from the pcm. The pcm gets its power from the ecm1 fuse. I have power into the pcm from that fuse just none coming out on pin 2.The only thing that makes sense is the passlock is telling it not to start? but my security light is off, and it dont start and then stall it just don't start, any ideas?

i have 12 volts to the ign module and the coil.

where is splice pack 201 located?

Attached Thumbnails No voltage to crankshaft position sensor-dia_zps66bd1c6a.gif  

Last edited by swartlkk; 07-18-2013 at 10:58 AM. Reason: merging 4 consecutive posts
Old 07-18-2013, 05:35 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If you have AllData, you have all that you require to answer your latest question. My information was for a 2000; I was not aware that there were changes between 2000 and 2001. In a 2000, the post comes from the ECM1 fuse to the CKP sensor.

Have you tested continuity on the wiring mirrored in the diagram above?

Please refrain from posting multiple times in a single thread without other replies within a 24 hour period as per the rules if the forum.

Old 07-18-2013, 09:44 AM

Lol. Alldata don't say location other than strapped to body harness! I had already looked. And wouldn't have asked question if it would have! How ever I suspect you do know and instead of just a answering you told
Me to look it up. So thx for your help I'm out!

Quick Reply: No voltage to crankshaft position sensor