Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Oil cooling lines

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 02:35 PM
Starting Member
bryanbc is on a distinguished road
Default Oil cooling lines

Should i get original engine to filter oil cooler lines from the dealership or from the parts store? reason im asking i just replaced the current ones that i got from rockauto when i rebuilt my engine 1 month ago and the line is already leaking from where they crimped the metal to the rubber hose.

Old 03-26-2013, 03:06 PM
Banned
chestypuller can only hope to improve

Man them lines seem like pure trouble

Old 03-26-2013, 07:28 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by chestypuller
Man them lines seem like pure trouble
yes just trying to see which ones will last longer because the one i got only lasted a month and started to leak

Old 03-26-2013, 07:34 PM
J_E
Beginning Member
J_E is on a distinguished road

There are a few threads around that tell you how to fix the existing oil lines. That is your best bet, and it can be done while everything is still attached to the truck.

Old 03-26-2013, 07:52 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Just delete the oil adapter and cooler lines all together and put the filter on the block, eliminate all the leaking, no matter what, they will end up leaking again unless you go to a hydraulic hose shop and get some hydraulic hoses made.

Old 03-26-2013, 08:02 PM
jaystoy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by richphotos
Just delete the oil adapter and cooler lines all together and put the filter on the block, eliminate all the leaking, no matter what, they will end up leaking again unless you go to a hydraulic hose shop and get some hydraulic hoses made.

Now How does this work? I like this idea. There are threads for a filter at the block? Still have to get oil to the cooler no?

Old 03-26-2013, 09:04 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by J_E
There are a few threads around that tell you how to fix the existing oil lines. That is your best bet, and it can be done while everything is still attached to the truck.
Im not asking how to fix it i already know how to fix it im asking if any one had better luck with with the dealership part then the local parts store that sells dorman brand

Old 03-26-2013, 09:07 PM
4X4GS10B is on a distinguished road

The factory ones have lasted over 120000 on mine before they started leaking.. Anymore questions....

Old 03-26-2013, 09:28 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by jaystoy
Now How does this work? I like this idea. There are threads for a filter at the block? Still have to get oil to the cooler no?
This would delete the cooler and the remote filter all together, the cooler really does not make much of a difference anyways, its basically just an extra set of lines that are prone to leak...

All ya need to do is remove the remote adapter, the adapter on the block, clean up the gasket on the block, then install this part onto the block using a allen wrench and some blue thread lock on the threads gm # 14081300

and then get this oil filter WIX 51040 which will stay clear of the front shaft ect. and you are good to go. I am doing this to my first gen. I already have the gm # 14081300 for it, I just need to find time to do it.

Old 03-26-2013, 09:50 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by richphotos
Just delete the oil adapter and cooler lines all together and put the filter on the block, eliminate all the leaking....
How is this going to work with a 4x4? There's no way for an oil filter to fit between the front differential and block. It's already darn near impossible to wiggle out the adapter block, and it is substantially smaller than an oil filter.

Quick Reply: Oil cooling lines