Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

ok, any more ideas? NO START

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 03:34 PM
Whutdidyousay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ok, any more ideas? NO START

I've tried and will continue to try whatever y'all think might work. I don't have $300 to have the truck looked at, so I am asking for any and ALL ideas. If nothing else I'll let her sit for a month and send her in. I'm not going to assume anything, so I'll just tell you what I know. (sorry for the long and possibly confusing post) I only had the truck 2 weeks when it started acting funny.
I started noticing a "miss" only when accelerating with moderate throttle, not when floored or light acceleration. I THINK the idle was a little high. Then the service engine light started coming on (32,35 EGR & IAC). Then one day the truck started dying and stalling like it was out of gas, but would start right back up..... Then it just died..... and I had to have it towed home....Then I removed the EGR & IAC then cleaned (weren't excessively dirty)and re installed them as instructed from people on here. I also checked the fuel pressure (60 psi) at the fuel rail and replaced the fuel filter.
The truck turns over and will attempt to start only for a second, but then it just continues cranking.... if I let it sit for a few minuites it will try to fire then nothing..... ANY ideas?..... THANKS!!!!!!!!

Old 10-20-2007, 09:29 PM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: ok, any more ideas? NO START

You say the fuel pressure was at 60psi. Does it hold 60 or does it drop when you crank it over?

Old 10-20-2007, 10:33 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

i agree with chevy lover check your pressure while cranking plus does it have all three essentials to starting air, fuel , spark go through that check as well and see what you find out

Old 10-21-2007, 11:09 PM

I know I have spark...... I'll have to borrow the guage again and see what happens when I crank it again..... what does it meanif it drops off? what exactly should a good reading look like?

Old 10-21-2007, 11:12 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The pressure should not drop below 55psi. It shouldn't really drop when the key is turned off either, but a small leak down is to be expected on an old system.

Old 10-21-2007, 11:12 PM
BF Veteran

i think its supposed to be 60 psi its in another thread i'll have to double check it may be 50 ok so i am editing this to provide the link for fuel pressure and were it should be at when checking it
https://blazerforum.com/m_60665/tm.htmgo to this link here it will give you alot of info on fuel pressure hope this helps

Old 10-21-2007, 11:25 PM

Thanks, is the '99 going to have the same #'s as the '93?..... I have both...lol

Old 10-21-2007, 11:27 PM
BF Veteran

i'm not a 100% sure but if they are the same engine i.e. 4.3 i would think they would be i know someone else on the forum will come in with something different if it is but i think they would be if the same motor

Old 10-21-2007, 11:57 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

It all depends on whether your '93 is a CPI motor or at TBI motor. The CPI should have the same pressure readings as the SCFI (96+) motor. A TBI motor should have 15-18psi, but I'll warn you ahead on this one... You are going to need an inline pressure tap adapter to read the fuel pressure on a TBI motor. They don't have fuel pressure test ports on them.

And, the CPI and SCFI are very different motors!

Old 10-22-2007, 11:03 PM

it's CPI..... I'll buy the tester wed. and see what it says, thanks all!

Quick Reply: ok, any more ideas? NO START