Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

P1870 Teckpac Tcc Valve Advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2020, 10:44 PM
Beginning Member
Gary72 is on a distinguished road
Default P1870 Teckpac Tcc Valve Advice

Hello folks, I've read various threads on The Blazer Forum for some time now, it's a fantastic resource with a lot of great advice. I finally signed up & look forward to any advice from the many knowledgeable folks on here!

So, I had the classic hard 1-2 shift with code P1870 & after some research purchased the Teckpak TCC Valve for my 99 Chevrolet Blazer. I had the long version & cut it per instruction. Based on the components I removed, it seemed time that I needed the short version. I was careful to file any burrs & file the end flat & clean any debris. I left the inner valve in place as instructed & disposed of the spring & other parts. The replacement valve was a fairly tight fit, but not too difficult to insert into the bore, I lubed the o-rings & am pretty confident I didn't damage the o-rings. After putting it back together with a new filter & topping off fluid I test drove the vehicle to find it didn't seem to start from a stop in first gear. It was very sluggish as if first gear was slipping & once it shifted to second gear it shifted through the remaining gears just fine. The converter locks up, drives great on highway, hit passing gear great & comes to a stop without any issues. Once I start from a stop again, it's like first gear is slipping, but I believe it's just starting off from second gear. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
-Gary

Old 03-15-2020, 03:27 AM
Mods is on a distinguished road

have you tried swapping the valve with the old one to see if it rights itself? one way or another fluid is getting where fluid does not belong.

Old 03-17-2020, 02:40 PM
Beginning Member
Default Teckpac TCC Valve

I have not done that yet. I've been searching for other possible reasons before I remove the pan again.
Thanks, I appreciate your advice, if that turns out to be what I have to do, I'll post the results here.

Old 03-17-2020, 06:09 PM
Transman304 is on a distinguished road

I will try and help on the issue you’re having. Could you post pictures of the instructions for the installation of this valve as I’m not familiar on this brand? Just by chance did you have an issue when dropping the pan in the back where the cross member is?
Brad

Old 03-19-2020, 12:01 AM
Beginning Member
Default P1870 Teckpac TCC Valve

Thank you Brad! I will do by best to post pics of instructions tomorrow. Yes, I did have somewhat of a battle getting the pan mounted, the crossmember was an issue. I had to check my gasket for contamination a few times before I finally got it flush.
-Gary

Old 03-19-2020, 11:00 PM
Beginning Member

Here's a link to the website I purchased the valve from. It has a YouTube video that breaksdown the installation. Thanks for seeing what you can do to help me.

​​​​-Gary

https://www.fitzall.com/supportDetail.php?A74741QA-187

Old 03-20-2020, 03:22 PM
Beginning Member
dviles is on a distinguished road

My guess, because it's what I'm experiencing and I'll find out Sunday when I look, is that your filter has fallen into the pan.

Good luck,

dviles

https://blazerforum.com/forum/engine-transmission-35/2000-blazer-acts-like-trans-slips-stop-0-5mph-only-80844/

Last edited by dviles; 03-20-2020 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Added link.
Old 03-21-2020, 08:17 PM
Beginning Member
Default P1870 Teckpac

Thank you dviles, I guess that's a possibility, but I had the filter in there pretty good, but you never know. I definitely would appreciate hearing what you find!
Brad, I tried posting yesterday with a link to the YouTube video the company Fitzall provides. I'll try again.

-Gary

Old 03-21-2020, 08:22 PM
Beginning Member
Default P1870 Teckpac tv valve

https://www.fitzall.com/supportDetail.php?A74741QA-187

Hey Brad, here's a link to installation instructions for the valve I installed. Thanks
-Gary

Old 03-23-2020, 11:46 AM
Transman304 is on a distinguished road

Gary, did you remove the valve body when changing that valve? When I ask you before if you had trouble getting the pan off there’s a good possibility that one of the shift solenoid‘s got broken. Also if you unplugged the 3-2 downshift solenoid and didn’t have it plugged in it will give you the 2nd gear starts.
Brad

Quick Reply: P1870 Teckpac Tcc Valve Advice