Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Power to coil none coming out 96 4.3 csfi

Old 06-13-2010, 09:35 PM
ecmusicman is on a distinguished road
Default Power to coil none coming out 96 4.3 csfi

I just got done putting my motor together and i did everything by the book I went to start it up and nothing, so I pulled a plug and no spark. I went through every thing with a test light and I am gettng power going to everything so I have elemated the thought of a bad ground. When I got to the coil I found that I was getting power in but none coming out wich leads me to the thought of a bad coil, but I had the module on it tested and that was ok but there is no way of testing the coil itself. I guess what I would like to know b4 I blow 35 bucks on a new one if there is any thing else that it could b. I would b very greatfull of any input I have a wife and 2 kids and don't have very much money to spend on things I don't need. Thanks,Eric

Old 06-16-2010, 09:41 AM

Well I had my brother inlaw test out the coil in his truck and it is fine so now I really don't know what is wrong SOMEONE PLEASE H E L P !!!

Old 06-16-2010, 11:29 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ecmusicman
I just got done putting my motor together and i did everything by the book I went to start it up and nothing, so I pulled a plug and no spark...
Originally Posted by ecmusicman
Well I had my brother inlaw test out the coil in his truck and it is fine so now I really don't know what is wrong SOMEONE PLEASE H E L P !!!
Well, the only things between the coil and the spark plug is the distributor and plug wires. Have you verified the validity of those items?

Old 06-16-2010, 11:48 PM

All new!!

Old 06-17-2010, 10:05 AM

The only thing that is not new is the crank sensor but I do have 2 of them unless my luck is very bad I am sure 1 of them works. Also does anyone know if I have a bad conection at the starter if that would cause it not to spark??

Old 06-28-2010, 11:16 AM

Can anyone help me ?????

Old 06-28-2010, 11:26 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Are there any codes? Have you hooked the truck up to a full feature scan tool to monitor the sensors? Are both the CMP and CKP sensors connected properly? Any damaged wiring?

Old 06-28-2010, 11:31 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Get your ICM tested. It controls spark from coil to distributor.