Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Removal of MPFI spider injector

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2017, 06:36 PM
Jefflego is on a distinguished road
Default Removal of MPFI spider injector

I own a blazer, but my question is in regards to a blazer i bought for $200 so i can part the whole thing out

Is there a way to disconnect each injector from their respective injector ports in the manifold without removing the whole manifold to pop them out thru the bottom?

If there'sno other way, ill do what i have to but it doesnt hurt to ask if theres another way

thanks for any replies

Old 02-10-2017, 07:46 PM
CWBDDSPC is on a distinguished road

Just grab ahold and pull them out. I've never had to pop an injector out from underneath the intake...

Old 02-10-2017, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by CWBDDSPC
Just grab ahold and pull them out. I've never had to pop an injector out from underneath the intake...

You sure? The injectors I'm gonna remove are the upgraded ones and the story is that they arent designed to be removed lol

now the original spider injector assembly was simple, squeeze the sides and pop out...the new ones are what im preparing for

....btw, not testing your intelligence...i just wanna make sure i dont damage the injectors by simply yanking

Old 02-10-2017, 09:37 PM
CWBDDSPC is on a distinguished road

I've installed an updated spider in two of mine and somehow I put the stupid clamp in backwards both times... Sooooo, I've removed an updated spider from two of mine to put the stupid clamp in the correct way. I just pulled them out, switched the clamp and plugged them back in. No problems afterward...

Old 02-10-2017, 09:47 PM
chevyriders is on a distinguished road

^i second that, they just pull right out. The mpfi injectors are more difficult to get out than the CFI ones, but there's no need to go underneath

Old 02-10-2017, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by CWBDDSPC
I've installed an updated spider in two of mine and somehow I put the stupid clamp in backwards both times... Sooooo, I've removed an updated spider from two of mine to put the stupid clamp in the correct way. I just pulled them out, switched the clamp and plugged them back in. No problems afterward...
okay thanks

Old 06-11-2017, 10:30 AM
buckwheato is on a distinguished road

I have a 2003 Blazer. How do you remove the new style spider injector that does not have the clips on the ends of the injectors without removing the intake manifold. 4.3 L

Old 06-11-2017, 12:13 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

pull them /\

Old 06-16-2017, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by buckwheato
I have a 2003 Blazer. How do you remove the new style spider injector that does not have the clips on the ends of the injectors without removing the intake manifold. 4.3 L
In all honesty they made the new spider injectors so that they can't be removed...but, they can still be removed if you do a LOT of pulling with some grips etc....in my opinion only try to pull them out with that much force if you plan on changing them because they will most likely get damaged

btw, if I haven't said it before, PULL HARD and they'll come out...there are like locking clips on them that most likely will get damaged from being removed with such force...I was fortunate not to have to remove mine because the issue was else where

Old 03-13-2022, 08:09 PM
Bru75 is on a distinguished road

As you try to pull the injector out try to twist a very little clockwise and counter clockwise as pull out.

The little latches on the Injector tips are preventing you from pulling straight out but not clockwise action.

My two cents..

Quick Reply: Removal of MPFI spider injector