Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Replace Nut Kit every time?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 04:13 PM
Beginning Member
VikezFan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Replace Nut Kit every time?

I have seen many people say it, now I will throw this out there. I replaced my CPFI spider on a 1995 S10 Blazer. It pressures up to 60and holds it. I dont see any washing by the fuel lines. It is not leaking at all. I have always been of a mind that if something is working leave it alone. However, I keepreading where people say to always replace the 'nut kit' fuel lines going to the CPFI if the spider is replaced. Which is it? If it aint broke dont fix it or replace it just in case? If so, is this the right kit at OReilly for $50.00?( http://www.oreillyauto.com/EW3/Produ...;currentPage=0)

Old 11-11-2008, 05:33 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Replace Nut Kit every time?

The connection and seal on these internal fuel lines ("nut kit") is made to a ****** fitting by heating the nylon lines and pressing them over the ****** fitting. There is no other mechanical fasteners that hold these connections together. As such, when the lines age, they become brittle and can leak if flexed. If you feel confident that you will not have problems, go right ahead and leave the old ones in there. My choice is to do a job once and not have to get back in there again.

And yes, those are the proper lines.

Old 11-12-2008, 08:49 AM
Beginning Member

I agree. I am tired of tearing into this thing every 6 months. I am going to replace the nut kit. How is that thing held on there? I assume that there is some kind of clip holding it in place? Do the fuel lines usually fitsnuginthe nut kit without leaksby themselves or do you usually use something like teflon tapeon them?

Old 11-12-2008, 08:52 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The nut kit comes fully assembled to the connectors which are held into the spider with a clip. There are o-rings to seal the connectors to the spider. Same is true for where the lines pass through the lower intake manifold.

Old 11-12-2008, 09:53 AM
Beginning Member

First, let me say thanks for the quick replies you have been giving to my posts.

What Imeant is how is the nut kit held in place on the intake? Also, the fuel lines I was talking about were the ones that hook to the nut kit outside of the intake.

Old 11-12-2008, 10:13 AM
Administrator

At the back of the intake, I believe they are just threaded connections.