Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Right turn=0 oil pressure on gauge

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 11:50 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow

Hey forum, its been a while since ive posted, but ive still been browsing the site occasionaly

weird problem that seems quite common on any type of vehicle, is when taking a fairly quick right turn (is in not slow) my oil pressure drops right to 0 and stays there untill im done the turn and give it gas. After i give it gas it goes right back up to 275kpa which is half on the gauge.

the needle does seem a little more jerky at idle. also bumps do not seem to affect it, or left turns. i havent seen it do it on a hard brake either. but i can make it do it pretty much every right turn, if im going fast enough.

but enough ramble.....i have found the oil pressure sending unit, directly beneath the dist. i can just barely fit my hand in there, let alone see it, tried jiggling some wiring, but i dont think it helped.......if it was infact, the right wiring i was after.....

but anyway, is there some sort of oil screen thats prone to clogging?

hopefully not a spun bearing, or the oil pump....ugh i just did the fuel pump for the second time and now all 4 balljoints right before i have to go to school.

im fairly religious with my oil changes, take good care of her, if that says anything about the oil quality....

or is it mostly likely a bad gound or sending unit? a bad ground would make me think it would also drop pressure over bumps etc.

sorry for the ramble just trying to explain as best i can

bump, no idea's?

Last edited by swartlkk; 04-25-2010 at 04:01 PM. Reason: **Combining Consective Posts** - Please use the EDIT feature to add information to your post if another member has yet to reply.
Old 04-25-2010, 04:00 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Please do not bump a thread after a mere 8.5 hours... The 24 hour rule was in place long before you dropped off the radar.

Are you sure that it isn't just a bare wire contacting the frame on tight, quick turns?

Old 04-25-2010, 10:36 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

you know, i think it just might be!! I can feel what seems to be frayed wire on the end of the oil sending unit, just cant see the dang thing.

And i didnt drop off the radar, completly, i love you guys! lol this forum has been here for me for 5 years! I love enthusiasts. this place is very helpful to me.

thanks kyle, ill try my best to do a follow up, got it booked in for thursday morning for balljoints anyway.

p.s what happend to 'bold' and 'italiqes' or however you spell it, i need emphasis! lol

Old 04-26-2010, 06:16 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You may need to turn on the enhanced editor in your User CP --> Settings & Options --> Edit Options. It's all the way down at the bottom. Otherwise, you can use bolt by using the [B] tag and italics by using the [I] tags. Just don't forget to close them.