General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

check engine light_ oil pressure gauge

Old 09-13-2006, 12:50 PM
guywm25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default check engine light_ oil pressure gauge

I just recently did an oil change and today while driving to work my check engine light came on. I'm not sure why, but my oil pressure gauge remained high. I did check the oil level by the dipstick and it was fine. If anyone has any suggestions or ideas as to why my check engine light came on and my oil pressue is high please repond

Old 09-13-2006, 06:08 PM
Starting Member
Brian J. Lesko is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: check engine light_ oil pressure gauge

Your check engine light coming on just after doing an oil change is probably just a coincidence. You should go to Auto Zone or to another parts store that will do a free diagnostic scan for you and get your truck checked out. It will only give you a baseline code, but it's a place to start. Your check engine light can come on for any number of reasons.

Old 09-14-2006, 11:17 PM

I took my blazer to autozone and had them check the code, it came up as P0440- evap emission control system malfunction. The guy could not offer any suggestions, go figure. Does any one have any ideas as to where I may start to diagnose the problem or how it could be corrected, thanks for any replies.

Old 09-15-2006, 12:11 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

yea, tighten your gas cap....

Old 09-15-2006, 04:48 AM

I replaced my gas cap about 6 -8 months ago. I filled up in the morning and checked the gasket , it was fine, I also checked to make sure it was tight which it was. I may look into a new one though, thanks

Old 09-18-2006, 02:22 PM

does anyone have an opinion on just cleaning out the EGR valve to eliminate the code problem and if so, any recommedations as to how to clean it.

Old 09-18-2006, 02:28 PM
Starting Member

You can use some carb cleaner. Just take your time and be careful. Don't try to rush it. Auto Zone can also test your EGR valve to let you know if it's any good. I had a problem with mine, so I took it off and cleaned it. My truck was okay for a while then it started acting up again. I took it off and took it to the parts store. They told me that it was shot, so I bought a new one. Can't remember what it cost.

Old 09-19-2006, 10:22 AM

Thanks for the response I am going to try this and wil repost the results. thanks again

Old 10-31-2006, 10:45 AM

Hey, weird senario, I have not had the time to look at the EGR valve, but today I was going down a very bumpy road and I suddenly got a whiff a strong sulfur smell coming from my blazer. Shortly after that my check engine light turned off and the vehicle immediately started to run smoother. Any other suggestions or comments? Thanks

Old 10-31-2006, 02:27 PM
Starting Member

Sounds like an EGR valve problem. Remove it and give it a good cleaning then let us know if it helps. I don't know about the sulfur smell. It might be something, or it could have been something outside and have nothing to do with your Blazer. Not sure.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: check engine light_ oil pressure gauge

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.