Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

seafoam

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 02:51 PM
Beginning Member
banshee386 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default seafoam

I have a 1995 blazer vin w i want to use seafoam on my problem is what vacuum line would i use to inject in i tried the one thats on back of the upper in take that goes to the brake booster and when i took it off and started the truck it idled really high about 2500 rpms any ideas thanks

Old 08-26-2009, 03:04 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

That's the one to use. Just keep your thumb over it until you are ready to use the Seafoam.

Old 08-26-2009, 03:05 PM
Banned for childishly attempting to delete all his posts
jsmz is an unknown quantity at this point

take that same hose off the booster with the truck running, and partially cover the end of the hose with your thumb.

enjoy the smoke show.

EDIT: bahh, you beat me to it

Old 08-26-2009, 04:48 PM
96chevblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

no do use the boster hose, pour it down the intake it cleans better!! just leave the maf and the other sensor plugged in so it runs right

Old 08-26-2009, 04:59 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

95 == CPI motor so the throttle body points out the front of the engine, not up like the 96+ SCFI motors. And with the SCFI motors, you have to disconnect the MAF sensor to get the engine to run at all with the rest of the intake duct work disconnected. The MAF needs the air to flow across it to work properly.

If you have a vacuum line at the throttle body, use that to pull the seafoam into the engine. Use another section of vacuum hose and drop the hose down into the can of seafoam and squeeze the line to control the flow. You do not want the engine to stall out for the first 2/3rds of the can. On the last 1/3rd, allow the engine to stall and then sit for 20-30minutes to soak.

Old 08-26-2009, 07:06 PM
96chevblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by swartlkk
95 == CPI motor so the throttle body points out the front of the engine, not up like the 96+ SCFI motors. And with the SCFI motors, you have to disconnect the MAF sensor to get the engine to run at all with the rest of the intake duct work disconnected. The MAF needs the air to flow across it to work properly.

If you have a vacuum line at the throttle body, use that to pull the seafoam into the engine. Use another section of vacuum hose and drop the hose down into the can of seafoam and squeeze the line to control the flow. You do not want the engine to stall out for the first 2/3rds of the can. On the last 1/3rd, allow the engine to stall and then sit for 20-30minutes to soak.
oh i forget its a 95 lol my bad

Old 10-07-2009, 02:34 PM
BlaziNator is on a distinguished road

I just used their "deep creep" (seafoam in an aerosol can) and sprayed it into the throttle body. Worked great. Vast improvement and a great smoke show.

Old 12-03-2009, 04:49 AM
WickedBerry is on a distinguished road

I have a 98 blazer with a hesitation problem when throttling up...specially when it rains, which clears up eventually if Im driving long distance....it's annoying though, and this morning on my way to work, check engline light came on, with code 300...random misfire...would seafoam help me? Also, I'm starting to pick up the whole unplug vac line and hold it with thumb till ready to pour in, but on a 98, which line am I removing exactly? Am I removing anything else? Fuel pump and filter are both recent (6 months ago) as well as my cat...fuel consumption is nice, really cant complain, and the oil I still can see through it even 5000 miles later...so really Im only worried about getting the throttle itself cleaned out. Anyone have any pictures? Thanks.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:39 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WickedBerry
I have a 98 blazer with a hesitation problem when throttling up...specially when it rains, which clears up eventually if Im driving long distance....it's annoying though, and this morning on my way to work, check engline light came on, with code 300...random misfire...would seafoam help me? Also, I'm starting to pick up the whole unplug vac line and hold it with thumb till ready to pour in, but on a 98, which line am I removing exactly? Am I removing anything else? Fuel pump and filter are both recent (6 months ago) as well as my cat...fuel consumption is nice, really cant complain, and the oil I still can see through it even 5000 miles later...so really Im only worried about getting the throttle itself cleaned out. Anyone have any pictures? Thanks.
It might help a bit, but from the description of your problem, you have an ignition (spark) problem. The fact that it hesitates worse when it is raining outside says that moisture affects the condition and heat will eventually dissipate moisture (long trips = heat).

Old 12-06-2009, 10:00 PM
WickedBerry is on a distinguished road

Spark plugs may need replacement already?

Quick Reply: seafoam