Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Seafoam Pros and Cons??

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 09:06 PM
Outsydr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Seafoam Pros and Cons??

I don't know how different it is in 2nd gens but on my 94 none of the plugs are that hard just jack up the body and go through the wheel well with a long extension and a swivel (didn't figure this out til the second time i did it) and the difference in time taken was phenomenal as was the bruising to my knuckles

Old 02-25-2009, 09:17 PM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

I have aftermarket wheel well splash guards do to my bodylift. I did such a good job of installing them that now I cant access my plugs through the wheel well. Of course I havent changed my plugs since either... maybe the steering shaft is now high enough to clear the plug?

Old 02-25-2009, 11:45 PM
cr8390 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: 96chevblazer

i think is time to replace the plugs anyway but to suck up the seafoam do 1/2 trought brake booster and 1/2 in the tank right, you dont relly need it in the oil cause a good oil all ready cleans good???????
Id say dont do any in your gas put in chevron like kyle said and yes if your using good oil then it cleans good by its self. As for the brake booster all the times i have done i have dribbled it down the throttle body. I read alot of threads and kyle (swartlkk) convinced me to do it by throttle body because its the quickest route into the block and gives more spread through out the engine. Plus its easier atleast for me. You take the air intake off the throttle body and slowly dribble it down, while reving the engine. By reving the engine its easier to keep it from stalling on you before your done.

Old 02-26-2009, 05:33 AM
Cavalier z24 is on a distinguished road

OMFG yeah that steering shaft made me say words i did not even know i knew

Old 02-26-2009, 06:08 AM
96chevblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

so then if i only add throught tb how much of the bottle do i add? still 1/3??

Old 02-26-2009, 06:26 AM
samuknow is an unknown quantity at this point

Make sure you disconnect the MAF when you pull the intake tube. it will not run if you do not. I poured it in pretty fast untill it started to smoke badly. then shut it off for about 5 min. This lets it soften everything up. Then fire it up and block out the sun. Do not worry about the smoke. It will clear up in a few minutes. Half a bottle will be fine.

Old 02-26-2009, 06:44 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I use a full bottle down the intake. 2/3rds slow, keeping the engine running. The rest, fast and let the engine die. I then let it sit for a good long while while to let things soak. Then drive it hard until the smoke clears.

Old 02-26-2009, 03:24 PM
96chevblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

samuknow what is a MAF??

Old 02-26-2009, 03:49 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

MAF == Mass Air Flow

It is the large sensor in your intake duct between the throttle body and the air filter box. If you have the intake duct disconnected at the throttle body, but do not disconnect the MAF sensor electrical connection, the engine will not run.

Old 02-26-2009, 06:13 PM
mrafindley is an unknown quantity at this point

1 Question here.
If your gunna just dribble it down the intake why wouldn't you just use ATF it does the same thing and it is way cheaper?

Just a question I use it in the booster lines myself because it gets everywhere in the intake system not just the ports

Quick Reply: Seafoam Pros and Cons??