Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

servo cover pain!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 06:39 AM
Beginning Member
BoDog89 is on a distinguished road
Default servo cover pain!

Well, got my corvette servo in friday and started to work on it. Removing the cover and servo from the tranny was easy, got the corvette servo all put together like the thread showed. I get it installed in the tranny then go to put the cover on and can't get it to compress enough to snap the c ring in. Thought it was binding or not assembled right but have took it out 5 times and it seems right. Read that the cover is a pain to get on with the o ring, was told to put vaseline on the ring and should push far enough to get the c ring on. Would that work? Figure someone would have my problem just wondering how you overcome it. Really dont want to call a trans shop to put a cover on. Thanks

Old 12-10-2012, 02:31 PM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

I put a large socket on an extension then use a crowbar on the frame to push it in. Then if the gods are looking down you can hold that with one hand and get the snap ring on with the other. If not expect some bloody/bruised knuckles

Old 12-10-2012, 10:11 PM
Beginning Member

Well, got it finally put vaseline on the cover groove and the oring it poped right in. Had my wife hold the crow bar while i poped the c ring in. Funny how little tricks help. Yea definately needed some godly power haha! Shifts good now need to get my shift kit installed now.

Old 12-11-2012, 06:45 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

I wanted to do this on mine. I was going to order it but i went ahead and looked at mine. Man i have to pull the tranny because its like 1/2" from the body. I was disappointed. I'll get one whenever i have my tranny pulled for a swap or replaced.

Old 12-12-2012, 01:39 AM
Beginning Member

Yea mine was real tight but luckly there was enough room to work with. The worst part as u can see is getting the cover back on, assembly is easy. I did have a problem with the precat being in the way also.

Old 12-14-2012, 03:19 AM
J_E
Beginning Member
J_E is on a distinguished road

I just went through the same pain. I was able to use trans fluid to lube the o-ring. I wasable to position myself to lean on the prybar so I could use both hands to get the clip installed.

BUT... have you looked at the instructions for your shift kit yet? Mine (Trans-Go stage 1 shift kit) had me make to spring changes to the servo and modify one of the plates in the servo.

The kit didn't come with the gaskets for the valve body, which was OK because I ended up needing to replace the seperator plate anyways.

Old 12-17-2012, 05:53 AM
Beginning Member

Yea dont want to have to reinstall it again, but im thinking of going with the electronic shift kit from B&M just because of the easy install

Old 08-08-2014, 11:23 PM
Beginning Member
4 wheelin' is on a distinguished road

The stage one trans go shift kit is a better option in my opinion because it will fix the transmission, it takes a lot longer to install but trans go gives good directions.

I took off my servo cover for the shift kit, then decided on the vette servo and took it off again to find the E-clip wedged between the 4th apply and servo cover cause I didn't put it on correctly