Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

SES Light Again!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 04:58 AM
Starting Member
S10Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SES Light Again!!!

Hello everyone, so I just recently had all four of my oxygen sensors replaced about a week ago. Then, yesterday, I got the SES light again. When I checked my gauge, the code was "P1133". What else could be causing this, and how could I fix the problem?

Thanks,
Rob

Nevermind. I had thought that the code, "P1133"had to do something with the oxygen sensors, because when I Googled it, that's what came up. I decided to go to Advance Auto Parts this morning, and I got the code read. It turned out to be a bad mass air flow sensor. So I just bought it right there, and went to my mechanic and had it installed. Then we erased the code with my Aeroforce gauge.

Old 04-21-2008, 04:31 AM
Starting Member
Default RE: SES Light Again!!!

Oh man!!!! It turns out it is one of the oxygen sensors after all. So I replaced the mass airflow sensor for no reason. And I don't know why, but the code "P1133" has to do with an oxygen sensor. My mechanic recently replaced all four of my oxygen sensors with brand new bosch sensors about three weeks ago. The only thing is, I don't know if this would have anything to do with it, when he replaced one of them, he did not notice that the y-pipe that holds the oxygen sensors had the threads damaged, so when he put in the oxygen sensor, it damaged the thread on the sensor completely. So then he re-threaded the pipe, and I got a replacement sensor and he put it in. Well, after replacing the mass airflow sensor because I was told that was the problem, the SES light came back again a few days ago. I took it to my mechanic and he put on his Snap-On scanner, and he saw that one of my oxygen sensors readings was in the double digits(40s, 50s, 70s, etc.), while the other three oxygen sensors read normal fluctuating triple digits(300s, 400s, etc.).

Do any of you guys know what could be causing the problem, since all of the oxygen sensors are brand new? My mechanic told me to get a replacement sensor since it has warranty on it, because he said that it could just be a defective sensor, which has happened before.

But I have also been told to check the wiring for the oxygen sensors, and the pins that are on the plug.

Old 04-21-2008, 07:28 AM
portcqb is an unknown quantity at this point

What are the actual readings do you mean like .070v and .300v. Also from what i've read Bosch O2 sensors are terrible.

Old 04-21-2008, 09:09 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

When you replace the sensor(s), use AC Delco and see what happens.

Old 04-21-2008, 09:49 AM
Starting Member

Yea, I'm pretty sure it's .070 and .300 . Sorry bout that. Now that you mention AC Delco sensors, I'm actually considering it. The only thing holding me back from getting an original sensor right now, is that the Bosch that I bought have warranty on them. I've already taken a blow to my wallet, after replacing all of the sensors, and then the MAF for no reason. But if it acts up after the replacement, I'll definitely get the original one. Would you happen to know how much they go for, since they are all the same part number?

Old 05-05-2008, 10:49 PM
Starting Member

Ok, I finally had the Oxygen sensor replaced again, and I still have the same problem. After buying four oxygen sensors, and having warranty on each one of them, I am down to warranty on only one of them. The sensors that I have are Bosch. Now I know AC Delco are good, but I honestly don't think that replacing them with AC Delco sensors will solve my problem. I am still trying to find out what my problem exactly is. The code is still "P1133". After everytime the code is erased, the code comes back after about 3 or 4 days of driving. I have decided to disconnect myAeroforce gauge from the OBD 2 port to be sure that it is not the gauge that is causing this. A few days after I first installed this gauge on my truck, I was on the highway and I received a SES light, and my transmission was not shifting. The SES light was a tranny solenoid, and I ended up rebuilding the tranny. About a week or 2 after the transmission being rebuilt, I received the SES light again, this time for the oxygen sensors. I have been told that it could be my Engine Computer, but I am still not sure. I am currently going to a different mechanic, because after my mechanic replaced the oxygen sensors, and the light still kept coming back, he told me to run the car so the light would go away. It keeps coming back.

Can anyone tell me what are all or most of the possible causes of this code?