Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

spark plug change on the 4.3,how diffuclt we talkin?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 09:30 AM
Starting Member
taba5 is on a distinguished road

I did both my bravadas and it wasnt that bad, the wheels were removed so i could get my arms in there, just get a small clamp and fold up the floppy inner fender guard and rock out.

if the shaft of your extension is smaller it will help tons, and you can bypass the removal of the steering arm, by using said tappered extension

Old 01-14-2010, 04:38 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

yeah, with the extension and a knuckle you can skip the shaft removal too (should have mentioned that part)

Old 01-15-2010, 01:50 PM
Starting Member
97Bravada is on a distinguished road

ok im seein AC delco is the consensis(sp) so i will def be getting those but idk bout the delco platnum..i like the cheap option lol,and i def have the proper tools to get it done so im gonna attempt it

Old 01-15-2010, 05:03 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 97Bravada
ok im seein AC delco is the consensis(sp) so i will def be getting those but idk bout the delco platnum..i like the cheap option lol,and i def have the proper tools to get it done so im gonna attempt it
i'd go with the platinums. the tips last a little longer if you got to leave them in longer

Old 01-16-2010, 10:49 AM
Beginning Member
dsrp is on a distinguished road

gm engines prefer a/c delco plugs ,and i would put in regular delco

Old 01-16-2010, 12:22 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by dsrp
gm engines prefer a/c delco plugs ,and i would put in regular delco
thats what i picked up last night at the parts store,the basic delco's were 2ish a piece and the platnums or what ever were like 4ish a piece,so i went w/ the cheaper option lol

Old 01-16-2010, 01:00 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

plats last longer. so $12 to not change your plugs again in half the time isn't actually spending more money, it's a cheaper option in the long run.
that is why everyone from the admis down to the noobs told you that of everything and every option tried, everyone goes to/back to AC Delco Platinum.

It is not set in stone. I hope you get a long, healthy life out of those plugs. Good Luck.

Old 01-16-2010, 02:28 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ABN31B
plats last longer. so $12 to not change your plugs again in half the time isn't actually spending more money, it's a cheaper option in the long run.
that is why everyone from the admis down to the noobs told you that of everything and every option tried, everyone goes to/back to AC Delco Platinum.

It is not set in stone. I hope you get a long, healthy life out of those plugs. Good Luck.

if you put in the best its gonna run longer and better. mostly this way with most parts. im big on you get what you pay for. more$ usually=better part. there is a few instances when this is different

Old 01-16-2010, 04:00 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by ABN31B

i know the plats are prolly better but unfortunetly..i am unemployed right now and 13bux for regular vs 24ish for plats is better for me now,but i def appreciate the input and my next plug replacement will be plats

Last edited by 97Bravada; 01-16-2010 at 04:08 PM.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:28 PM
toaks1 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Spectreblazer
if you put in the best its gonna run longer and better. mostly this way with most parts. im big on you get what you pay for. more$ usually=better part. there is a few instances when this is different
what ever the factory put in in 2000 seems to do the trick! 124k miles later and they still spark, no missing or sputtering so i see no need to change 'em. also, i rarely take the rpm's over 2500 so im not too concerned with the mild decrease in performance that might exist.

Quick Reply: spark plug change on the 4.3,how diffuclt we talkin?