Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

spider injection upgrade???

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 04:18 PM
Kilo is on a distinguished road
Default spider injection upgrade???

ok guys posted here before and got some really helpful info for my lift I already done....so am hoping for more...just recently don't the upper and lower intake gaskets on my 01 blaze because one we all know the factorys are junk and they 200k on them and two because it was throwin a po174 code (fuel trim lean bank 2) so got all that back together and while doing so the dizzy body cracked on while putting the cap back on friggin plastic I guess quality has went to *$%@ in a hand basket so I ordered a all aluminum body one from rockauto made united ignition wire....also after getting all that together, it had a misfire code first it was random po300,then it went to cyl #2 po302, so I figured maybe because the dizzy was cracked and the cap couldn't be held all the way down...but then I seen fuel setting on top of the injector (body unit I call it) where the fuel rails are pushed into and the supply line (the larger one is leaking)...so upon some research I found a rebuild kit with orings and all that, but then also found that there was updated version of spider injection converting it from SCFI to MFI so I figured why not...has anybody else done the conversion have any specs on it is it truly better every where I have read they say it is but figured I would ask here. Thanks ahead of time

Old 07-26-2013, 07:21 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Tons of info about it here. Hands down better injection spider for everyone but those that mod these motors as it doesn't flow as much fuel as the SCFI spider. For everyone else other than that select group, the MFI spider is a much more reliable design with fewer failure and wear points that would degrade performance.