Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Is this the TCCM?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 11:37 AM
Beginning Member
JPate is on a distinguished road
Default Is this the TCCM?

Traded a 94 Chevy Silverado Z71 for a 99 2 dr blazer 4 buttom 4x4 and the guy told me that the 4 x 4 works but need a new one of these. He had already had it out. So just need to know if this is the TCCM.

Old 01-24-2010, 12:00 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

to answer your question, yup. be extremely careful when replacing it (easy to screw the new one up).

but now i have a few questions. why did your buddy remove this, but not replace it? and how does he know the 4WD system works, but that this is an issue?

what was the truck doing (or not doing, for that matter) for him to remove it?

just trying to see what the problem is, and save you from spending cash unnecessarily.

Old 01-24-2010, 01:43 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
to answer your question, yup. be extremely careful when replacing it (easy to screw the new one up).

but now i have a few questions. why did your buddy remove this, but not replace it? and how does he know the 4WD system works, but that this is an issue?

what was the truck doing (or not doing, for that matter) for him to remove it?

just trying to see what the problem is, and save you from spending cash unnecessarily.
I traded for this blazer. He told me the service 4 wheel light came on and had it read and it said it was the Tccm.

He said he did not replace it b cuz it would have cost him 300.00.

Old 01-24-2010, 01:49 PM
Beginning Member

He did not state what it was doing. I might put it back in and see what it is doing

Old 01-24-2010, 09:43 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

@ your last 2 post:

.............ok, i got that you traded for it, i was just curious as to why he took it apart, and didn't put it back together? (even if he didn't want to buy the new part)

Old 01-25-2010, 06:38 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
@ your last 2 post:

.............ok, i got that you traded for it, i was just curious as to why he took it apart, and didn't put it back together? (even if he didn't want to buy the new part)
IDK. I guess I should have inquired alittle more on that.

Old 01-25-2010, 07:20 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Lets back this up just a bit.

The picture you have above is the Encoder Motor, not the TCCM. The TCCM on a 99 is located behind the passenger side kick panel.

I agree with old skool though, we need some more details on what it is doing so that we can help you fix the problem with the least amount of $$ invested. I would put it back together and give it a try. See what happens.

Old 01-25-2010, 08:53 AM
Beginning Member

I am hopeing to get it put back in on the next dry day or my good friend Moldeck will let me use his garage. i did not inquire to much about y he had pulled it out. I guess I was not thinking to much more then I was getting a better deal then he was on the trade.

Old 01-25-2010, 09:45 AM
Starting Member
ejschultz is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Lets back this up just a bit.

The picture you have above is the Encoder Motor, not the TCCM. The TCCM on a 99 is located behind the passenger side kick panel.
You beat me to it. I've learned a lot about our 4x4 systems in the last couple of months getting mine almost completely functional again (still no 4 low, I think my transfer case and the used one I put in both have an issue with the 4 low gear). Anyways, what's your 4x4 doing? I had to replace my encoder motor and my vacuum switch to get mine functional again. If the TCCM from 95-99 remained unchanged (I do have OBDII), I've got an extra one that I'll be willing to sell you if that's for sure what you need.

Old 01-25-2010, 09:50 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ejschultz
If the TCCM from 95-99 remained unchanged (I do have OBDII), I've got an extra one that I'll be willing to sell you if that's for sure what you need.
I do not believe that the NV233 TCCM changed in this time period (only where it was located), however, the OP has the NV236 transfer case (4-button).

Quick Reply: Is this the TCCM?