Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

think i have done everything, still no luck please help

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 04:22 PM
Starting Member
butters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default think i have done everything, still no luck please help

okay so my 96 2dr has been running worse and worse for some time now. its not all the time just when its not warmed up/on fast accelerations it bogs and like cuts out with no power. so far i have done.

new gas tank, gas lines, fuel sending unit, fuel filter, k/n intake system, cleaned MAS, sea foam and oil change, O2 sencor, and just today make a full exhaust cat back with new high flow cat and chery bomb turbo muffler. and it still doesnt run right. any suggestions would be great im running out of things to fix?!?

Old 11-16-2009, 04:55 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Is it throwing any codes? If so, what ones?

Old 11-16-2009, 05:13 PM
packofqtips is an unknown quantity at this point

tune up with ac delco parts?

Old 11-17-2009, 02:54 PM
Starting Member

no codes being thrown at all. what would a tune up include?

Old 11-17-2009, 03:38 PM
Starting Member
86Blazer327 is an unknown quantity at this point

Stop throwing parts at it and troubleshoot it. Otherwise take it to a shop. You need to at least put a scanner on it to look at the parameters........Sounds like an o2 problem or a CTS but dont go buy that stuff and put it on without some sort of troubleshooting. Throwing parts at a problem usually cost more money than what it wouldve cost to have a shop fix it.

Old 11-17-2009, 04:38 PM
Starting Member

most of what i replayed acually needed it though i am not buying things i know wont atleast be benifichal to the truck. trust me i dont have money to waist

Old 11-17-2009, 04:49 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

A tune up consists of plugs, wires, cap and rotor.

Old 11-17-2009, 06:05 PM
Starting Member

i have thinking of doing new plugs and wires and was told to do cap assuming you mean the distributer cap? and what is a rotor? also im not sure but could it be something with the tranny? i am still breaking in the new axhaust and it does seem to be helping it realy only has a problem when from under 5mph i step on it real hard. i can normaly drive but well i need the power. could it be the tranny not shifting out of first right? i am mixed about if it feels that way of not. what speed would it normaly switch out of 1st. if im going to hard for it could it just not be able to change gears properly? thanks

Old 11-17-2009, 06:10 PM
Starting Member
86Blazer327 is an unknown quantity at this point

at wide open throttle it will shift out of first at 35mph, any other time it will just depend on engine load and throttle position.
A rotor button is whats under the cap . It transfers fire from the coil to each cylinder.

Old 11-17-2009, 06:18 PM
Starting Member

o gotcha i would say my problem is between 5-20mph and when it happens it starts at 5 and doesnt stop till i fight it to 20, if i let off and go right again it will do it again. but sometimes i let off go again and it goes. where sould i buy the wires, cap, and rotor from?

Quick Reply: think i have done everything, still no luck please help