Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Tranny shifts hard when at operating temp.

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 05:38 PM
Starting Member
1997 red blazer is on a distinguished road

You did no that they make an updated LOCK-UP SOLENOID anti-bleed design , also known as anti drain back - which keeps your converter charged with fluid when not is use? I have seen them on Ebay. Hope this helps? Sounds Like you have a Handle on this Problem. Keep us Informed. Thanks for your thread on this Matter.

Old 03-12-2010, 07:37 AM
hubert hefner is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 1997 red blazer
You did no that they make an updated LOCK-UP SOLENOID anti-bleed design , also known as anti drain back - which keeps your converter charged with fluid when not is use? I have seen them on Ebay. Hope this helps? Sounds Like you have a Handle on this Problem. Keep us Informed. Thanks for your thread on this Matter.
Yea, no prob. I figured i would post everything i figure out so i can help others, it seems like there is not a hole lot of info out there(or that i have been able to find anyway) for those of us with this problem.

So, what i recently found out was that if you clear the code and drive it in drive and leave it out of OD the code doesn't come up and the light stays off b/c the torque convertor is not slipping. we drove it about 100 miles in drive and the code never came back up, but when we put it in OD the code was pending then on the next trip it came back up. So if you are having this problem i recommend not using overdrive if you are having this problem. It will eventually cause damage if left un repaired. So, i have ordered the lock up solenoid and i'm waiting for it to come. I will keep everyone posted.

Old 05-12-2010, 05:55 PM
mickfrisco is on a distinguished road

Nice to see a fix for this, my Blazer just shot this code at me.