Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Trans dust cover??

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 04:14 PM
Beginning Member
BubbaJ is on a distinguished road
Default Trans dust cover??

Alright ladies and gents i just finished my install of my new transmission on my 92 1500 Blazer. when i removed the dust cover i noticed it was groved as if the tq converter bolts were rubbing against it as they are the only thing in there that can make contact with it. Is this a common issue and is there a common fix to the problem. Obviously removing and leaving off the cover are not an option. Thanks y'all.

Old 06-20-2014, 12:36 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

if its the flimsy metal one they just get bent out of shape and rub, sometimes if people remove them to change the starter or something else they get mangled and just not bent back.

i dont and never have ran the piece on any of my offroad trucks and never had any issues

Old 06-21-2014, 10:22 PM
Beginning Member
BubbaJ is on a distinguished road

its the cast aluminum one but its all good. after further time spent looking it all over. it was broken and bent slightly from a previous situation where a bolt must have backed out. the bolts cants possibly contact it with out contact also the balance weight on the flywheel. and since the groove is exactly a match with the bolt head answer says a bolt must have backed out. im all clear now and no worries. Thanks