Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Trans has barley any power

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2020, 12:06 PM
Beginning Member
Maudh Alraggad is on a distinguished road
Default Trans has barley any power

So I had two 95 blazers one with a good engine and bad trans the other with a good trans and bad engine, I had a guy take the trans out of the one with the bad engine and put it in the one with the good engine, now for some reason i have no power when I press the gas pedal, the blazer moves but not like it should, the rpms touch 1500 before I see any real motion also I’m pretty sure it’s not changing gears because I don’t notice a drop in rpms while increasing speed, I can get up to 55 but the rpms will be around 2500 3000 if I’m passing someone, someone helppppp!!!!!!!

Old 10-02-2020, 03:40 PM
Beginning Member
YoureATowel is on a distinguished road

First thing's first, check your fluid level. If it is low it may not have enough pressure to shift the transmission. If you know someone with a good scan tool, check the driving pressures. Depending on the pressures and where any drop offs (if any) are located, you may have a bad valve body or torque converter/torque converter solenoid. Just make sure to start with the basics. I've found that typically a lot of times, its something super simple.

Old 10-05-2020, 09:12 AM
Beginning Member

Fluid level is good, so I can manually shift it through 1 2 and D but when I just start with park then into drive then it seems like I have no power almost like I’m not in 1st gear like it should be

Old 10-05-2020, 09:13 AM
Beginning Member

Also it doesn’t feel like it slipping just that it’s not going into the right gears

Old 10-05-2020, 09:32 AM
Transman304 is on a distinguished road

Sounds like it is in limp-mode(3rd) gear starts. Is the check engine light on? if so get it scanned for trouble codes. Could be a fuse or pinched wire possibly.
Good luck
Brad

Old 10-05-2020, 02:10 PM
Beginning Member

It sounds like you’re valve body isn’t putting the fluid where it needs to go. The valve body on our vehicles, I believe, is also the TCM. Sometimes it won’t turn the light on but it may have a transmission code. If you can get ahold of a scan tool that will check the transmission codes that’s where I’d start. Even without codes it may be faulty but just not out of parameters.

Old 10-06-2020, 03:54 PM
Beginning Member

Update: so it’s not going into second like I thought it goes into first gear and when I try to manually shift it into second it stays in 1st but when I go from 1st to 3rd it will shift, no check engine light

Old 10-06-2020, 06:16 PM
Beginning Member

I would start with a shift solenoid. It would be the cheapest thing to start with since there aren’t any codes and nothing really to go on. Other than that I’d said the valve body would be another likely suspect. While the shift solenoid is attached to the valve body and would be replaced again with it, the solenoid isn’t a huge blow. The reason I say possible valve body instead is because one of the veins could be messed up/clogged.

Last edited by YoureATowel; 10-06-2020 at 06:18 PM.
Old 10-13-2020, 01:13 PM
Beginning Member

So i took it to a guy and he did 2 hours of electrical diagnosing but it ended up being the transmission fuses In the end

Old 10-13-2020, 08:25 PM
Beginning Member

Glad it was something simple. Sometimes we get a little to excited and forget to start at the basics.

Quick Reply: Trans has barley any power